Wikiposts

passport request

Old Nov 14th 2008, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond repute
Default passport request

Hi everyone

sorry i've been absent - my job and housing situation blew up in my face and i ended up taking a 1 year work and travel visa to New Zealand on aug 27..only to email the chc about my visa this month and be told 'oh, we asked you on aug 11 for your passport...'......

so i could have jumped differently, had I have known. As it is i'm getting it ready to send off and to london, while i'm down here down under!

down to 3 m3 of stuff, and trying to figure out how to do the next jump..thinking save up a little more and jump in spring time but before June 2!

Thoughts anyone?

Cheers
Cait and snake
Old Nov 15th 2008, 5:30 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: passport request

Very nice to hear from you again, Caitilin. Glad to hear you're alive and well.

Wow, you must be shaking your head and muttering, in view of the fact that they now tell you they asked for your passport on August 11th. But I hope you're enjoying your sojourn in New Zealand nonetheless.

It would be a little spooky to me to be in NZ and to be separated from my passport. I trust you'll send yours to London by courier.

I guess June 2nd must be one year from your medicals, and that's why you have that deadline. Well, spending the summer in NZ and then coming to the Northern Hemisphere for our summer can't be all bad.

Good luck with everything.
x
Old Nov 15th 2008, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Caitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: passport request

Hi Judy, thanks for responding and very glad to be alive and well ;-) Nice to see you again too.

I am shaking my head an muttering, very quietly so as not to upset the lady i'm staying with, who is doing me a big favour in letting me stay. But dammit, i could have less desperately jumped and it would have looked better on my cv?

New Zealand is beautiful! It is a stunning country, and the area i'm in is absolutely amazing.

I"m going to cheat. You see, I have dual nationality..so two passports. I'm keeping hte one with the NZ visa in my grubby little hands and sending off the Dutch one for the canadian visa...but you bet it will be courier!

June 2 is my deadline for that exact reason - now i'm getting three summers in a row, which means winter when it comes will be evil through and through, but i'll cope i guess ;-)

Now I just need to figure out how to get me, with minimal money from new zealand and my stuff from the UK, snake from the UK and some stuff from Ireland to Canada. Easy, right? Hang on, there's a small building I need to leap just to prove I can too.....

Thanks Judy!