Passport Request

Old Sep 13th 2008, 6:07 pm
Just Joined

ethan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passport Request

Hi,

I am applying for a PR in Canada or should I say my husband is sponsoring me to get into Canada.

I received a letter from the Embassy and they were asking for my passport. My husband submitted the application this June and I got the letter requesting for the passport around July. I am just curious why they need my passport so early. Is this usually the case?

Any thoughts on this matter is very much appreciated.

Thanks!

And btw, I still haven't sent my passport to the Embassy until because I was planning to go out of the country this November. Do you think this is a bad idea, me holding on my passport? Would they hold processing of my application until they receive my passport?

Last edited by ethan; Sep 13th 2008 at 6:15 pm.
Old Sep 13th 2008, 7:50 pm
dre
Forum Regular

dre is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Passport Request

Originally Posted by ethan
Hi,

I am applying for a PR in Canada or should I say my husband is sponsoring me to get into Canada.

I received a letter from the Embassy and they were asking for my passport. My husband submitted the application this June and I got the letter requesting for the passport around July. I am just curious why they need my passport so early. Is this usually the case?

Thanks!

And btw, I still haven't sent my passport to the Embassy until because I was planning to go out of the country this November. Do you think this is a bad idea, me holding on my passport? Would they hold processing of my application until they receive my passport?
Ethan,

I would say you are very lucky, to have a passport request that early. In theory if you do send your passport off you should be looking at a couple of weeks tops, go with the flow
Old Sep 13th 2008, 11:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by dre
Ethan,

I would say you are very lucky, to have a passport request that early. In theory if you do send your passport off you should be looking at a couple of weeks tops, go with the flow
U have a passport request in July and have not sent it still in September????? wow, I guess you dont want to join your hubby then..

Dear send it now as they are saying come get the entry u need to go stay with your hubby?? go go go go, n good luck, i wouldnt wait a day..... and yea they will wait for you but why???????

Go get it now and u can go in November like you said....
Old Sep 14th 2008, 1:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dre
Ethan,

hi dre and bflava, thanks for the reply. well, if that is the case then i guess i will have to submit my passport asap. my hubby and i didn't know that when the embassy asks for the passport, then that is close to giving of the visa. btw, do any of you have an idea if they stamped the PR visa in the passport? is that the reason why they need my passport and how long do you think they will keep my passport? thanks again guys for the replies, i really appreciate your time. take care!
Old Sep 14th 2008, 1:45 am
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about

hi dre and bflava, thanks for the reply. well, if that is the case then i guess i will have to submit my passport asap. my hubby and i didn't know that when the embassy asks for the passport, then that is close to giving of the visa. btw, do any of you have an idea if they stamped the PR visa in the passport? is that the reason why they need my passport and how long do you think they will keep my passport? thanks again guys for the replies, i really appreciate your time. take care!
I think they will keep it for 2 weeks or i think you getting it to them and getting it back takes not more than 3 weeks, I hear.

I think They stamp some shinny stuff in your passport hence the request, My dear, You have got it and it was quick...

Tomorrow is Monday the 15th of Sept 08, Post it as recorded and by the 1 st week in Oct 08 you should have it and then u can fly in November, Listen , i am happy for you and i wish you join hubby asap....

good luck and good for it. Where are you settling in in Canada???? go go go
Old Sep 14th 2008, 9:49 am
Job Hunting in Ottawa

sheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

Thanks!

you do realise there's a date on your letter that you got and if they don't have your passport by that date they close your application....no VISA and no money back.

send it in NOW. I believe the timescale is 90 days from when they sent the letter.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 10:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sheadboy
you do realise there's a date on your letter that you got and if they don't have your passport by that date they close your application....no VISA and no money back.

send it in NOW. I believe the timescale is 90 days from when they sent the letter.
is that so? i didn't know that. i guess i was stupid to hold on to my passport that long. its just that i travel most of the time so i always need my passport. okay, i will send it asap. as what bflava suggests, will send it today and see what happens.
thanks guys for the thoughts!