Passport Renewal

Old Feb 29th 2012, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Passport Renewal

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there will be a problem if a UK passport is renewed between PR application and PR being granted?

You have to supply a photocopy when applying, so after renewal the passport details (at least the passport number) will be different to what the visa office has on record.

I've done a search and can find lots of threads about renewing between PR being issued and landing, but nothing specific to my question.

Cheers
Old Feb 29th 2012, 7:39 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport Renewal

This happens frequently and without serious consequences so long as the "details" are the same - names, dob, pob etc.
Old Feb 29th 2012, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Passport Renewal

Thanks for the reply.

I agree, it can't be an uncommon occurrence, I'm sure. I was just surprised I couldn't find a post on the subject (I'm sure someone will be along soon with a dozen links to prove me wrong ).

As my daughters passport will only be good for 5 years, I'd rather leave it as late as possible to renew, therefore landing in Canada with a good amount of life left in it, rather than land and have to renew it from Canada 12 months later.