Passport Question Andrew/Jim

Old Dec 2nd 2004, 8:00 pm
ly1
Forum Regular

ly1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passport Question Andrew/Jim

Hi there,

Its been over a month since i sent out my passports to CHC London for stamping of my immigrant visas. I'm just starting to get worried now, is this normal. I am sure the passports reached London, I have DHL confirmation on that.

I have sent out a fax voicing my concern but as usual no response.What options do i have?.Could you let me know.

Thanks in advance
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

SkillClear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Passport Question Andrew/Jim

Did you enclose a self adressed Special Delivery envelope for the safe return of your passports?

If not, they could have posted your passport back via normal mail, in which case this could be a problem.

Otherwise, if DHL have confirmed that your package arrived, then there may just be a delay within the visa evidencing section.
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 8:40 pm
ly1
Forum Regular

Yes I did enclose the self addressed envelope but I haven't paid for any return courier charge or postage charges in advance on that as they had not asked anything as such in the letter.

Even with normal mail it should have made it by now right.

Any problems in London like postal strike or delay. If so please let me know.

Regards,

Originally Posted by SkillClear
Did you enclose a self adressed Special Delivery envelope for the safe return of your passports?

If not, they could have posted your passport back via normal mail, in which case this could be a problem.

Otherwise, if DHL have confirmed that your package arrived, then there may just be a delay within the visa evidencing section.
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

SkillClear is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think that there are any delays with the post in London, however sending a Passport via normal post isn't the safest way. CHC will only return the passport via recorded mail if you pay for the postage.

It is probably best that you wait a little longer and then visit the commission in London if you do not receive it shortly.
Old Dec 4th 2004, 1:16 am
ly1
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Passport Question Andrew/Jim

Thumb Rule of this forum. Voice your concern and its answered by god.

Well I did recieve my passport back today.They sent it to the embassy here and I had to collect it from them. All is well that ends well. I 'm a happy and relieved man finally.

Thanks for the wonderful support from Jim,Andrew and others as usual on this splendid forum.

Cheers,

Originally Posted by SkillClear
I don't think that there are any delays with the post in London, however sending a Passport via normal post isn't the safest way. CHC will only return the passport via recorded mail if you pay for the postage.

It is probably best that you wait a little longer and then visit the commission in London if you do not receive it shortly.