Passport question

Old Oct 25th 2005, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

novice98 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passport question

Hi All,

I have a question regarding passport expiration. I have my Canada visa in my current passport, the current passport will be expired in March 2006. I will go to Canada in November and I will need to apply for a U.S visa to come back to U.S. Since to apply for a U.S visa I need to have a passport that valid at least 6 months, Is it ok for me to apply for a new passport and do landing process with Canada visa in my old passport?
Please advise.

Thanks
Old Oct 27th 2005, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

novice98 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Passport question

Can anyone advise me with this matter?

Thanks..

QUOTE=novice98]Hi All,

I have a question regarding passport expiration. I have my Canada visa in my current passport, the current passport will be expired in March 2006. I will go to Canada in November and I will need to apply for a U.S visa to come back to U.S. Since to apply for a U.S visa I need to have a passport that valid at least 6 months, Is it ok for me to apply for a new passport and do landing process with Canada visa in my old passport?
Please advise.

Thanks[/QUOTE]
Old Oct 27th 2005, 4:54 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Passport question

If getting new passport will not invalidate the old one with Canadian PR visa then you should be fine. Check with your government.

Originally Posted by novice98
Hi All,

Please advise.

Thanks