Passport Query

Old Mar 24th 2008, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Southcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of light
Default Passport Query

We had our medicals on 12th March, which should mean we have until 12th March 2009 to land in Canada. However my son's passport is due to expire on 9th July 2009. Whilst this is past the date we have to land, I am aware that some countries require more than 6 months left on the passports and am not sure if this applies to Canada. Does anyone know if this is likely to be a problem ?

I do have some time to get him a new passport now and get the visa put in that, but seem to recall that CHC will only post the visa in the passport for which they have already got the details. Am I worrying about nothing, can I still get into Canada say early March 2009 with my son having a passport that will only have 5 months left before expiry ?
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:37 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport Query

Hi

Originally Posted by Southcote
We had our medicals on 12th March, which should mean we have until 12th March 2009 to land in Canada. However my son's passport is due to expire on 9th July 2009. Whilst this is past the date we have to land, I am aware that some countries require more than 6 months left on the passports and am not sure if this applies to Canada. Does anyone know if this is likely to be a problem ?

I do have some time to get him a new passport now and get the visa put in that, but seem to recall that CHC will only post the visa in the passport for which they have already got the details. Am I worrying about nothing, can I still get into Canada say early March 2009 with my son having a passport that will only have 5 months left before expiry ?
To be "landed" the passport only has to be valid to the day of "landing"

PMM
Old Mar 24th 2008, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

fionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nice

How do you go about renewing children's passports once PR living in Canada? as our childrens passports expire next March and don't want to get caught out if we should suddenly need them.

Fiona
Old Mar 24th 2008, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

britsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamst
How do you go about renewing children's passports once PR living in Canada? as our childrens passports expire next March and don't want to get caught out if we should suddenly need them.

Fiona
I thought your sons passport expires in July. If this is the case you can apply to the British High Commission in Ottawa. It takes about 3 weeks to get your new passport.

The only problem you may have is getting someone to countersign the application who has known you for a couple of years as you will only have been there a few months after you land.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:12 pm
Job Hunting in Ottawa

sheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of light

personally, I'd bit the bullet and just get him a new passport now. send in his current one and renew it. then you have on less wory during those first few stressfull months.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 4:34 am
Cochrane AB Bound!

us3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really nice

My Sons expires this August but renewed now, took a week from posting to receiving back (Liverpool uk).
Also renewed mine even though didnt expire till April 09.
Didnt want the hassle next year
Old Mar 25th 2008, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britsnake
I thought your sons passport expires in July.
It's a different poster to the OP. The second query comes from a PR already living in Canada, whereas the OP has yet to land
Old Mar 27th 2008, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

fionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nice

Sorry didn't mean to confuse anyone just thought, that's a thought how do we do it next year?

Fiona