Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Passport number error on landing form

Passport number error on landing form

Old Apr 6th 2008, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

claredobson is on a distinguished road
Default Passport number error on landing form

Just thought we would add this as info for anyone who has the same issue.

When we received our confirmation of Permanent Residence documents one of the forms (and the associated visa in the passport) had the wrong passport number. Both the visa and confirmation of Permanent Residence form had the same passport number but it had a digit missing when compared with the actual passport number.

We e-mailed the High Commission and as yet have had no reply to ask if we need to return the form and passport for checking, but decided to go to the border (as we are living in Canada on a work permit) and try our luck. We informed the immigration officer about the error and he said it was no issue and he changed the details on his computer so that our Permanent Residence card will have the correct details.

So now after over 38 months of waiting we have landed
Old Apr 6th 2008, 2:25 am
BE Forum Addict

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport number error on landing form

Congratulations Claredobson and family

We were in the UK when we got PP requests, and one of the reasons I took them to the high commission myself was in case of mistakes.

When she handed them to me and I went to check them, I was so nervous that I kept looking and looking but found it hard to concentrate.
anyway all was well and here we are.

Glad it all went well for you and yours.

Penny