Passport name does not match

Old Jan 1st 2008, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

karanvir1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passport name does not match

Hi Mr Miller

I have been requested for passport submission for the immigration skilled visa,2 recent photographs and a updated information form to be submitted to the london office within 60 days..My problem is that when i applied for my canadian immigration i wrote my first Name as Karanvir and Surname as Singh.Now i have seen on my passport my first name is written as Karanvir singh and surname is blank..with my passport request i have been told by CHC to submit a updated form in which i have to write my first name,surname,passport number,passport expiry, height and eye colour..It has been mentioned in the letter that whatever names i mention in the updated letter should match the names written in my passport.Could you plz help me in the regards as i wrote on all canadian immigration forms my first name as Karanvir and surname as singh and now on my passport my surname is written with my first name,WHAT SHOULD I WRITE ON MY UPDATED INFORMATION FORM... i would appriciate your views and kind help..
Regards
Karanvir
Old Jan 1st 2008, 7:44 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport name does not match

Use Singh as your surname.
Old Jan 1st 2008, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Hi Jim

Thanks for the sugestion ..Jim If you could tell me like they wrote a letter to me saying that fill in the updated form and send the updated form with the passports and the names mentioned on the updated form should match the passport and in my passport my surname is written with my first name..That means if i write my surname as singh on the updated forms would the CHC not saay that the information doesnt match the passports.I'm very much worried of this situation and wouldnt really like any delays or rejections...

karanVir
Old Jan 1st 2008, 9:19 am
Just Joined

miti is an unknown quantity at this point

name is the most important thing while appying for immigration, u should have checked it before applying, it will be very dificult to prove that both the persons are the same, even if u try to explain it ur background check is done on the name u have given on the application, i think u should consult a lawyer
Old Jan 1st 2008, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

Miti

If i get the names changed from the indian high commsion in london..I dont knw it would be a problem or not..I sent my all passport page copies to my consultant but i dont know he sent the coipes to chc london or not.If he hasent sent then i think i can get it changed but if hes already sent they might not accept the changes..But i,m very much worried now.....
KaraVir
Old Jan 1st 2008, 9:33 am
Just Joined

miti is an unknown quantity at this point

if u do any changes in ur passport at this moment than cic may get reluctant.
Old Jan 1st 2008, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Mitti

I would appriciate if all the senior members as well put in their views on this topic..
Old Jan 1st 2008, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

hfxns has a brilliant futurehfxns has a brilliant futurehfxns has a brilliant futurehfxns has a brilliant futurehfxns has a brilliant futurehfxns has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by karanvir1
Miti

If i get the names changed from the indian high commsion in london..I dont knw it would be a problem or not..I sent my all passport page copies to my consultant but i dont know he sent the coipes to chc london or not.If he hasent sent then i think i can get it changed but if hes already sent they might not accept the changes..But i,m very much worried now.....
KaraVir

I would appriciate if all the senior members as well put in their views on this topic..
Jim is a senior member here and as he advised, use Singh as your surname on the forms sent by CHC-London.

You can also enclose a note, as another senior member bazzz had advised in one of your earlier threads.

If still in doubt, send a pm to Andrew Miller and wait for his reply. Should he advise you that an observation of a change in name may be reqd on the passport, then get moving quick!

I have already mentioned in your earlier thread that I had the same situation with my passport (i.e. blank 'Surname' field).. but that did not cause any problems. And I filled in family name and given name on my immigration forms, just the way you did.

(and by the way, passport copy is required while applying, so your consultant must have submitted copies of your pp pages at the time of application)
Old Jan 1st 2008, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

hfxns has a brilliant futurehfxns has a brilliant futurehfxns has a brilliant futurehfxns has a brilliant futurehfxns has a brilliant futurehfxns has a brilliant future

Couple of old threads regarding something similar:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=287069
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=284446
Old Jan 4th 2008, 3:16 am
Just Joined

spbalaji is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=karanvir1;5726428]Hi Mr Miller

I have been requested for passport submission for the immigration skilled visa,2 recent photographs and a updated information form to be submitted to the london office within 60 days..My problem is that when i applied for my canadian immigration i wrote my first Name as Karanvir and Surname as Singh.Now i have seen on my passport my first name is written as Karanvir singh and surname is blank..with my passport request i have been told by CHC to submit a updated form in which i have to write my first name,surname,passport number,passport expiry, height and eye colour..It has been mentioned in the letter that whatever names i mention in the updated letter should match the names written in my passport.Could you plz help me in the regards as i wrote on all canadian immigration forms my first name as Karanvir and surname as singh and now on my passport my surname is written with my first name,WHAT SHOULD I WRITE ON MY UPDATED INFORMATION FORM... i would appriciate your views and kind help..
Regards
Karanvir[/QUOTE

Hi Karanvir, I had a similar situation and the way i rectified it was to have an observation made in the passport by the Indian High Commission. The cost is 20 dollars and you can get it done the same day. Just do not forget to take your school certificates or University degree with you and fill the Misc service form (with 2 photos). Do not send the passport without this or your passport will be returned back without any visas. If you want any more details, then do not hesitate to contact throughthis forum.
Balaji
Old Jan 4th 2008, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

Hi Sp Balaji

Thanks for the reply..The thing is my consulatant advised me not to change the details at the momemt..He said cuz he has already sent the passport copies to the london and if i change it now it cod be a problem as they have already done background check on those names and also said it woudlnt be a problem as their are no new names coming on the passport its just that my surname is written with the first name..Where did u applied balaji?I applied in london?If you could also tell me how wwere ur names written on your passport and how did u wrote ur names at the time of applying canadian immigration?

KAranVir
Old Jan 4th 2008, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

And also what is an observation?how is it done?Plz reply
KaranVir
Old Jan 5th 2008, 2:57 am
Just Joined

KaranVir
Hi,
I applied while I was in London. Now, I am living in Canada. I received my Passport requests in November and i was in confusion and so I contacted CHC London by email and they requested me to contact the Indian Embassy at ottawa to rectify the sitaution. It did not take a long time to get the observation on my passport though. The observation read like this
'' The surname of the passport holder may read like this" I sent my passports to CHC London in December and received them back on the 2nd of January.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 3:04 am
Just Joined

KaranVir

The surname blank in my passport reads Nil just like yours.