Wikiposts

Passport Mailing Advise

Old Sep 29th 2009, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

adnanham is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passport Mailing Advise

I need some advise i'm stuck in the middle of everything here. I'm currently in pakistan. My PR application was being processed in detroit-USA. I got the passport request to get my visa stamped. Now i don't know how i can get my passport to be sent out to detroit. I tried applying for the US visa and they refused it saying it wasnt a valid reason to that qualifies for the non immigrant visa and NO courier company will send out the passport out of pakistan.

Any advise or experience will be helpful on how i can get my passport to be stamped for the PR visa.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport Mailing Advise

Why was it being processed in the USA rather than in Pakistan?
Old Sep 29th 2009, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

hi adele!

I was in canada for 7 years studying and working thre when i applied in 2007. but i had to travel back to pakistan due to family personal reasons. Now i'm stuck there. I was eligible to apply and have my file processed over there. I didn't anticipate i would travel to pakistan.

Originally Posted by adele
Why was it being processed in the USA rather than in Pakistan?
Old Sep 30th 2009, 5:37 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by adnanham
hi adele!

I was in canada for 7 years studying and working thre when i applied in 2007. but i had to travel back to pakistan due to family personal reasons. Now i'm stuck there. I was eligible to apply and have my file processed over there. I didn't anticipate i would travel to pakistan.
Probably your only choice is to authorize someone trustworthy to hand carry your passport to Detroit for submission from a US address, and then once the COPR is issued, then hand carry it back to Pakistan.
Old Sep 30th 2009, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

Hi PMM,

Do you think if i can apply for canadian visit visa and than go there and send my passport from canada to USA. I know we can easily send passport from canada to USA. As i used to send it before as well to get my student visa stamped and get it back it as well. PPR letter also states i can have a mailing address in canada or US.

I was more in line of applying for the canadian visit visa

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Probably your only choice is to authorize someone trustworthy to hand carry your passport to Detroit for submission from a US address, and then once the COPR is issued, then hand carry it back to Pakistan.
Old Sep 30th 2009, 5:03 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by adnanham
Hi PMM,

Do you think if i can apply for canadian visit visa and than go there and send my passport from canada to USA. I know we can easily send passport from canada to USA. As i used to send it before as well to get my student visa stamped and get it back it as well. PPR letter also states i can have a mailing address in canada or US.

I was more in line of applying for the canadian visit visa
You can try.