Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Passport expiry and work permit renewal

Passport expiry and work permit renewal

Old Jun 9th 2012, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

ZWogan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passport expiry and work permit renewal

Help someone please, we have to renew our work permits by 4 August. My husband's passport expires in another 9 years, however mine expires in April and one of my daughters expires in May 2013. Does anyone know if they offer less than 12 months work permits or will the work permit just not be allowed because there is not 12 months left to run on our passports? Also does anyone know if there is a way to fast track a passport from Washington - bearing in mind our passports need to be sent away beginning of July for work permits if we do need to have at least 12 months of our passports for the work permit to be granted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old Jun 9th 2012, 4:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport expiry and work permit renewal

it sounds like your TWPs are probably all tied into the same expiry dates and based on the principal worker and you were issued a SOWP.
The TWPs are normally issued for the validity of the main applicants TWP.
You can just renew your passports if you dont want to work but if you want the same time frame for all of the TWPs to expire on the sme date then the passports need to be valid for that amount of time.
You can always ask for shorter duration TWPs. TWPs will only be issued providing passports are valid and cover the validity dates of the TWPs.