Passport drop-off

Old Aug 10th 2011, 4:58 pm
Just Joined

nfyffe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passport drop-off

Hi folks,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me there experience of dropping off passports in London on a Thursday between 2pm and 3pm? Are most people finished by 3pm or could you potentially be there longer? I'm trying to organise a train journey back up north but i don't want to cut it too fine.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

andy85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Passport drop-off

It's all very easy. When you drop off you queue to the left of the building and when you pick up you queue to the right. They let those picking up go first and that's quick, then they let those dropping off go in.

There were about 10 people in each queue when I got there at exactly 2, but never waited more than about 20-30 minutes each time I went.

If you get there for two you'll definitely be done for 3pm and I get the impression they wouldn't turn you away if you happened to still be waiting after two as they know you've been waiting.

The High Commission is literally about a 5-10 walk behind Bond St tube station - really close. HTH
Old Aug 10th 2011, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

TheKellys5 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Passport drop-off

Originally Posted by nfyffe
Hi folks,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me there experience of dropping off passports in London on a Thursday between 2pm and 3pm? Are most people finished by 3pm or could you potentially be there longer? I'm trying to organise a train journey back up north but i don't want to cut it too fine.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
lol see u there - me and wifey and the kids having an awayday to drop our passports in tomorrow (well later today looking at the time!)