passport drop off

Old Aug 3rd 2010, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

talltrucker2 has a brilliant futuretalltrucker2 has a brilliant futuretalltrucker2 has a brilliant futuretalltrucker2 has a brilliant futuretalltrucker2 has a brilliant futuretalltrucker2 has a brilliant futuretalltrucker2 has a brilliant future
Default passport drop off

Hi Guys....

Going to London on Thursday to drop off our passports, what else do i need to take?? I know i have to take passports, new photos "there ones taken a few months ago" will these be ok...and updated information chart...#

Thanks talltrucker2
Old Aug 4th 2010, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

Des and Chris is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: passport drop off

Originally Posted by talltrucker2
Hi Guys....

Going to London on Thursday to drop off our passports, what else do i need to take?? I know i have to take passports, new photos "there ones taken a few months ago" will these be ok...and updated information chart...#

Thanks talltrucker2
No, that's all you need to take.

We went through the experience last Thursday. Get there at least 20 minutes before, there tends to be a queue - although never too long. The doors open some 5 minutes before, at the point the queue splits in to two; one for drop offs and the other for collecting passports. They take the documents from you, place them in a sealed bag and give you a letter with a raffle ticket stapled to it; this is needed to collect the passports. You may have a short wait depending where you are in the queue - we were about tenth in the queue and were back out and having a drink by 2.30pm
Old Aug 4th 2010, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

Big GG is an unknown quantity at this point

Can you drop off you passport anytime after you get the request in writing or do they give you a timetable or you get an appointment ?

thanks
Old Aug 4th 2010, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Your passport request letter will say in person drop-offs, Thursdays, 2 - 3pm only.

Pick-ups go in first. Everybody in the queue by 3pm gets seen.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 4:08 pm
Just Joined

u952460 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

When you drop off the passport do they give a definite date on which the pick up can be completed?

I am planning on a trip back to the UK for this purpose and need to know this for booking the return flight.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

smivers is on a distinguished road

I'm pretty sure it's a two week turnaround for drop-offs, so you can get in the same queue two weeks later to collect.