Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Passport with Certificate of Can Citizenship

Passport with Certificate of Can Citizenship

Old Jun 13th 2009, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

abaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport with Certificate of Can Citizenship

Just thought I would update with my latest info. Sent off passport applications for all 3 children on May 22nd (arrived at CHC on May 26th). Passports received fine this morning (delivered Special delivery at 6:30am!).

Our youngest is still waiting for his Citizenship card, so I sent his passport application with a letter explaining the situation. Filled out the limited validity form and have received a passport for him that is valid for 2 years.

abaddon
Old Jun 14th 2009, 2:34 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abaddon
Just thought I would update with my latest info. Sent off passport applications for all 3 children on May 22nd (arrived at CHC on May 26th). Passports received fine this morning (delivered Special delivery at 6:30am!).

Our youngest is still waiting for his Citizenship card, so I sent his passport application with a letter explaining the situation. Filled out the limited validity form and have received a passport for him that is valid for 2 years.

abaddon
Congratulations. Make sure that you (and they, once of age) are aware of the consequences of being Canadian citizens by descent:
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Canadi...hip_by_Descent
Old Jun 14th 2009, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

Eckhart1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

It took from Sept 2007 to April 2009 to get my Citizenship Cert but that was only because I was a C-37 case and I had to wait for the law to come into effect to get mine finally.

So if you only look at the time after the Law came into force that made me a Citizen then it took all of 1 Month to get my Card. But if you look at total time from when I applied to when I got it... it was 19 months. I was just glad it came so fast when the law came into effect.