Passport

Old Aug 4th 2016, 9:19 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Passport

Quick question. We completed our Citizenship in June but have not yet applied for passports. DD has been given a trip to Mexico in 3 weeks, can she travel on her British Passport or does she need to get the Canadian sorted?
Old Aug 4th 2016, 9:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Quick question. We completed our Citizenship in June but have not yet applied for passports. DD has been given a trip to Mexico in 3 weeks, can she travel on her British Passport or does she need to get the Canadian sorted?
Without a Canadian passport she would require eTA and Canadian citizens cannot apply for eTA. The easiest way is to get the Canadian passport unless she flew from the USA and returned to Canada by private vehicle.
The problem isn't getting back into Canada at a POE its getting back on the plane from Mexico and if refused boarding then what does she do?
Old Aug 4th 2016, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

We did ours and back in 4 weeks but you can expedite them to come back quicker. I put a date for the end of Aug and husband left his blank because he isn't going anywhere and mine came back a week before his.
Old Aug 4th 2016, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
We did ours and back in 4 weeks but you can expedite them to come back quicker. I put a date for the end of Aug and husband left his blank because he isn't going anywhere and mine came back a week before his.

My husband got his in 4 days by going to a service office in Vancouver. It cost more of course. I think there was a next day option as well.

S
Old Aug 4th 2016, 12:43 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Bugger, thanks all (FL). I will let her know, then it's her choice.
Old Aug 5th 2016, 2:38 am
Forum Regular

bert07 has a reputation beyond reputebert07 has a reputation beyond reputebert07 has a reputation beyond reputebert07 has a reputation beyond reputebert07 has a reputation beyond reputebert07 has a reputation beyond reputebert07 has a reputation beyond reputebert07 has a reputation beyond reputebert07 has a reputation beyond reputebert07 has a reputation beyond reputebert07 has a reputation beyond repute

Eta doesn't come into full force until September so you need to look specifically at dates

Theoretically, so long as she has the citizenship paperwork (and any pr stuff if still got it) she should be ok. But, I would do an urgent passport if I were you.
Old Aug 6th 2016, 8:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Yep eTA isn't fully required until 29/09/2016, so theoretically she should be able to travel with UK passport and citizen certificate, and there have been a few anecdotes where this has happened. But to be 100% sure I would get a Canadian passport. I always travel with a valid Canadian passport. If you go in person to a passport office they will expedite for a fee.

If she cares she can always use her UK passport to enter Mexico and Canadian to get back into Canada but I don't see the point in that.