passport

Old Mar 10th 2013, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

samb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nice
Default passport

I am a citizen by decent, never been to Canada and I am looking to apply for my passport. I am a little confused about the identity section.....it appears to suggest that it needs to be issued by a Canadian authority.

I can only really provide a UK passport, driving license or my proof of citizenship card...am I reading it wrong or is local equivalent mean an overseas document?

http://www.ppt.gc.ca/info/section5.aspx?lang=eng
http://www.ppt.gc.ca/form/pdfs/pptc040.pdf

Documents to Support Identity
L
Provide at least
one (1)
document to support your identity with the name to appear in the passport. Further documentation may be
required.
Documents to support your identity must be valid, must be issued by a federal, provincial, territorial or municipal authority in Canada
or local equivalent, and must include your name and
signature
. For example:
Provincial, territorial or local driver's licence
Provincial health card
Certificate of Indian Status
Canadian passport that is valid or expired for less than
one year
Federal, provincial, territorial or municipal employee
identification card
Old Age Security card
Other federal, provincial, territorial or municipal identification
card
Copies are acceptable provided your guarantor has signed and dated a copy of each document (both sides) confirming that the
original document has been seen. If you are submitting original documents, they will be returned to you.
If you are submitting copies and are using form PPTC 132,
Statutory Declaration in Lieu of Guarantor
, the same official who signs the
Declaration must also sign and date the copies of the original document (both sides) to indicate that the original document has been
seen.

AND

Canadian abroad* footnote

Adults must submit at least one (1) document to support your identity with a passport application. For a child, only the proof of Canadian citizenship is required.

The adult's identity document must:

be in the same name as will appear in the passport;
include your signature;
be issued by a federal, provincial/territorial/state or municipal authority; and
be valid.

For example:

Provincial, territorial or local driver's licence
Provincial, territorial or local non-driver's licence
Provincial or territorial health care card (excluding Alberta, Manitoba and Newfoundland and Labrador)
Other federal, provincial, territorial or local identification card
Certificate of Indian Status
Old Age Security card
Canadian military identification
Federal, provincial, territorial, municipal or local employee identification card
Permanent resident card
Canadian passportFootnote 1

Further documentation may be required.
Old Mar 10th 2013, 10:46 pm
Just Joined

RSJAGO is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: passport

If memory serves me correctly I sent copies of both my UK passport and driving licence signed by the 'profesional' who in my case was a mate who is a police officer.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 1:42 am
Forum Regular

samb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nice
Default Re: passport

Hi

Thanks for the reply, ill send my uk driving license and they will have my citizenship card also

Thanks