Wikiposts

Pass Mark Canadian RN Exam

Old Oct 4th 2004, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

red rabbit is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Pass Mark Canadian RN Exam

Has anyone any idea, roughly, of the pass mark of the Canadian registered nurse exam?
Old Oct 4th 2004, 9:04 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pass Mark Canadian RN Exam

Hi,

In the CRN prep guide it states that out of 260 multi choice q's 190 is classed as borderline and 230 is classed as strong - guess that gives you an idea that about 75-80 % is a good guide for a pass.

If you need more info for sources etc drop us a PM. Nicky has the CD rom and text book which is very helpful and you can do a trial exam using the CD and it does help get an idea of how they phrase the questions. You can order this from most of the reg nurses province sites or from CRN direct, costs about 20 quid equivalent I think. We haven't registered for the exam yet as not sure when likely to get there and can still work on interim nursing permit til taken exam (3 attempts allowed I think in 8 months but at a few hundred bucks a time, not cheap!).

Have you got registration approval yet? Took us 6 months all told for BC.

Rich/Nicky.
Old Oct 4th 2004, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Hi,

In the CRN prep guide it states that out of 260 multi choice q's 190 is classed as borderline and 230 is classed as strong - guess that gives you an idea that about 75-80 % is a good guide for a pass.

If you need more info for sources etc drop us a PM. Nicky has the CD rom and text book which is very helpful and you can do a trial exam using the CD and it does help get an idea of how they phrase the questions. You can order this from most of the reg nurses province sites or from CRN direct, costs about 20 quid equivalent I think. We haven't registered for the exam yet as not sure when likely to get there and can still work on interim nursing permit til taken exam (3 attempts allowed I think in 8 months but at a few hundred bucks a time, not cheap!).

Have you got registration approval yet? Took us 6 months all told for BC.

Rich/Nicky.
I'm still awaiting registration approval, I can't believe how long winded the process is, I'm hoping to take the exam in Nova Scotia. I have the prep guide and cd rom, but could not find any info on pass mark.
Old Oct 4th 2004, 9:21 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Page 95 of the book gives you a score interpretation scale.
Best o'luck !!!
Old Nov 9th 2004, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

Talking Re: Pass Mark Canadian RN Exam

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Page 95 of the book gives you a score interpretation scale.
Best o'luck !!!
Thank you so much for your help, I PASSED!!!!!!!!!!