Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Part 2 of application soon to be sent off, but a few questions first;

Part 2 of application soon to be sent off, but a few questions first;

Old Aug 2nd 2010, 1:35 pm
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 63
Messiah Khan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Part 2 of application soon to be sent off, but a few questions first;

So we have received our 120 day letter, gathered all of the evidence together and are about to send the big pile of paper off to the London VISA office. But I have a few questions first;

How did you guys present all of the information? Was it paper clipped together in sections? Did you include covering notes? Was it placed in plastic sleeves etc?

What is the best way of sending it? Special delivery?

The VISA office specific instructions mention about fee payment (section 13) We have already paid the $550 each (Me and my common-law partner) when submitting the initial forms to the CIC. Is that all of the fees covered, or are there more fees to be paid at this stage?

What have people included for the language proficiency? I have written a letter stating that I am born and bred in England, and that all my upbringing, eduction and career has been undertaken in English. I have also included a letter from a Lecturer confirming that I am fluent in English.

I am still unsure about getting things notarized. I have contacted a few local lawyers and they have mentioned prices like £90 a document! I know from one of the threads on here that the majority of people seem to not be getting the documents notarized, but has anyone actually be rejected for not getting them notarized?

And finally, I am sure I have read about people including evidence of common-law relationships, ie photos, tenancy agreements etc. However I see no request for any of this information on the forms. Should I include this sort of information anywhere or is it unnecessary?

Can't wait to get it all sent off, but then I am going to be majorly stressing until we hopefully get medical requests.
Messiah Khan is offline  
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 2:21 pm
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 83
sudha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Part 2 of application soon to be sent off, but a few questions first;

90 per document.... sounds too steep.

Usually I get my documents notarized in the bank, they do it for free. I have sent documents for visa purposes using the bank notary.

I think its better to see if you can use bank notarized documents for sending documents to CHC.
sudha is offline  
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 2:39 pm
  #3  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 337
crazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nice
Default Re: Part 2 of application soon to be sent off, but a few questions first;

Originally Posted by Messiah Khan View Post
How did you guys present all of the information? Was it paper clipped together in sections? Did you include covering notes? Was it placed in plastic sleeves etc?

What is the best way of sending it? Special delivery?

The VISA office specific instructions mention about fee payment (section 13) We have already paid the $550 each (Me and my common-law partner) when submitting the initial forms to the CIC. Is that all of the fees covered, or are there more fees to be paid at this stage?

Absolutely no sleeves, binders, presentation folders, nothing of this sort. Paper clips only (no staples), eventually the binder clips for larger sections.

Don't use mail - use only reputable courier service (FedEx, UPS, TNT)

$550 per adult are only the application fees, you will also have to pay $490 per adult as Right Of Permanent Residency Fee. You may pay it now or around the time of medicals - if you'll wait beyond that for request to pay it then it will cause additional delay.
crazy72 is offline  
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 2:51 pm
  #4  
BE Forum Addict
 
rubberduckofdeath's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,099
rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Part 2 of application soon to be sent off, but a few questions first;

Originally Posted by crazy72 View Post
Absolutely no sleeves, binders, presentation folders, nothing of this sort. Paper clips only (no staples), eventually the binder clips for larger sections.
Really? Why's that, PITA for the person going through it?
rubberduckofdeath is offline  
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 2:56 pm
  #5  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 337
crazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nice
Default Re: Part 2 of application soon to be sent off, but a few questions first;

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath View Post
Really? Why's that, PITA for the person going through it?
Simply because (1) visa posts have no space for binders, sleeves, etc. and (2) all has to be scanned into the system anyway.
crazy72 is offline  
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 2:57 pm
  #6  
BE Forum Addict
 
rubberduckofdeath's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,099
rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Part 2 of application soon to be sent off, but a few questions first;

Originally Posted by crazy72 View Post
Simply because (1) visa posts have no space for binders, sleeves, etc. and (2) all has to be scanned into the system anyway.
Okey dokey -- thanks
rubberduckofdeath is offline  
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 3:06 pm
  #7  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 140
loety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really nice
Default Re: Part 2 of application soon to be sent off, but a few questions first;

Hi Messya Khan,

We put all our documents per sections in plastic sleeves with a sticker on it stating which sections it was.
We send ours by special delivery Royal Mail.
One of my friend is a Barrister so she sign all documents . (no official stamps)
We wrote a letter stating that my husband (main applicant) did all his education in English and that English was his first language and a letter from his employer too stating that English was his main language.
We had our medicals...
Good luck
loety is offline  
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 6:02 pm
  #8  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 390
raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all
Default Re: Part 2 of application soon to be sent off, but a few questions first;

Originally Posted by Messiah Khan View Post
I am still unsure about getting things notarized. I have contacted a few local lawyers and they have mentioned prices like £90 a document! I know from one of the threads on here that the majority of people seem to not be getting the documents notarized, but has anyone actually be rejected for not getting them notarized?
£90 per document sounds very high. I had mine notorised, but the lawyer I went to was very nice (I know, a nice lawyer, whoever heard of that), and instead of charging me a per document rate, he charged me an hourly rate, because I had too many documents. It took him about 45 minutes to notorise them all. Might be worth asking them for a hourly charge.

Ray
raymasa is offline  
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 8:30 pm
  #9  
Forum Regular
 
princess caribou's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 81
princess caribou is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Part 2 of application soon to be sent off, but a few questions first;

Originally Posted by Messiah Khan View Post
So we have received our 120 day letter, gathered all of the evidence together and are about to send the big pile of paper off to the London VISA office. But I have a few questions first;

How did you guys present all of the information? Was it paper clipped together in sections? Did you include covering notes? Was it placed in plastic sleeves etc?

What is the best way of sending it? Special delivery?

The VISA office specific instructions mention about fee payment (section 13) We have already paid the $550 each (Me and my common-law partner) when submitting the initial forms to the CIC. Is that all of the fees covered, or are there more fees to be paid at this stage?

What have people included for the language proficiency? I have written a letter stating that I am born and bred in England, and that all my upbringing, eduction and career has been undertaken in English. I have also included a letter from a Lecturer confirming that I am fluent in English.

I am still unsure about getting things notarized. I have contacted a few local lawyers and they have mentioned prices like £90 a document! I know from one of the threads on here that the majority of people seem to not be getting the documents notarized, but has anyone actually be rejected for not getting them notarized?

And finally, I am sure I have read about people including evidence of common-law relationships, ie photos, tenancy agreements etc. However I see no request for any of this information on the forms. Should I include this sort of information anywhere or is it unnecessary?

Can't wait to get it all sent off, but then I am going to be majorly stressing until we hopefully get medical requests.
1. I sent mine in a presentation folder - you know the slim A4 size ones with plastic sleeves and sectioned the paperwork in the order that it appeared in the checklist and labeled it all - just because I know I wouldn't sleep if I had sent it off in no order or loose - but each to their own! It does say on the instructions that a paperclip will suffice. I didn't put a covering note but put the 120 day letter on the top.
2. I hand delivered mine because I'm in London but I'm sure special delivery will do the trick.
3. Yep those are the fees you've already paid so make sure you send a copy of the fee payment document that you originally sent to NS. Your 120 day letter will also confirm that payment has been taken.
4. I included a hand written letter for language prof with reference to the enclosed birth, school/uni certs etc to prove British born and bred.
5. Got everything notarised - there are lots of people who haven't done this and got med requests/PR - me I just like to be on the safe side

Good luck!
princess caribou is offline  
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 8:53 pm
  #10  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Lequille, Annapolis royal, Nova scotia
Posts: 53
canman will become famous soon enoughcanman will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Part 2 of application soon to be sent off, but a few questions first;

Originally Posted by crazy72 View Post
Absolutely no sleeves, binders, presentation folders, nothing of this sort. Paper clips only (no staples), eventually the binder clips for larger sections.

Don't use mail - use only reputable courier service (FedEx, UPS, TNT)

$550 per adult are only the application fees, you will also have to pay $490 per adult as Right Of Permanent Residency Fee. You may pay it now or around the time of medicals - if you'll wait beyond that for request to pay it then it will cause additional delay.
I used sleeves put into a binder to become a presentation folder also sent everything by royal mail special delivery which also is the only post they will return your passports in other from registered mail.
canman is offline  
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 9:34 pm
  #11  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Nova Scotia (from Scotland)
Posts: 1,032
izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Part 2 of application soon to be sent off, but a few questions first;

When we were putting ours together our RDA told us under no circumstances use plastic folders! We had to persuade her to even agree to paper clips. Apparently they have to go through loads of paperwork all the time (of course) and the last thing they want is to have to mess about with plastic folders. Of course others have done that and not had problems!

I'd say just go with paper clips But it seems like it's not crucial
izzi81 is offline  
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 4:00 pm
  #12  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 63
Messiah Khan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Part 2 of application soon to be sent off, but a few questions first;

Thanks folks. That answers most of my questions. Can anyone answer this one though;

And finally, I am sure I have read about people including evidence of common-law relationships, ie photos, tenancy agreements etc. However I see no request for any of this information on the forms. Should I include this sort of information anywhere or is it unnecessary?

And I would also like to hear if anyone has been rejected for not notarizing documents.

Messiah Khan is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.