Parents don't need landing funds?

Old Oct 22nd 2002, 3:34 am
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Parents don't need landing funds?

My parents have been floating between the UK and Canada for a couple of years now and have applied for PR status, sponsored by me. They have their medicals next week. They have an apartment here, as they stay for 4-6 months at a time. I'm reading that when they or anyone else for that matter lands, they must show the Officer proof of at least $12,000. They don't have this - furnishing the apartment cost about half of that, and airfares to and fro while I have finished school this last year has eaten up a lot of spare cash. I would guess they have about half $6,000. They have a paid-for home here (I pay the rent) and incomes, so why do they need all this extra money?
Old Oct 22nd 2002, 4:13 am
Andrew Miller

Default Re: Parents don't need landing funds?

Sponsored family members are not required to have settlement funds at all.

--

../..

Andrew Miller
Immigration Consultant
Vancouver, British Columbia
email: [email protected]
(delete REMOVE from the above address before sending email)

For confidential phone consultation go here:

http://members.yahoo.-
liveadvice.com/andrewmiller_canada

"dingbat" wrote in message
news:451592.1035300848@britishexpats-
.com
    > My parents have been floating between the UK and Canada for a couple of
    > years now and have applied for PR status, sponsored by me. They have
    > their medicals next week. They have an apartment here, as they stay for
    > 4-6 months at a time. I'm reading that when they or anyone else for that
    > matter lands, they must show the Officer proof of at least $12,000. They
    > don't have this - furnishing the apartment cost about half of that, and
    > airfares to and fro while I have finished school this last year has
    > eaten up a lot of spare cash. I would guess they have about half $6,000.
    > They have a paid-for home here (I pay the rent) and incomes, so why do
    > they need all this extra money?
    > --

Old Oct 22nd 2002, 4:33 am
BE Enthusiast

bighead is an unknown quantity at this point

if they are sponsored they dont need to show funds... thats the whole point of sponsorship... the sponsor is responsible for maintaining them...

Originally posted by dingbat:
My parents have been floating between the UK and Canada for a couple of years now and have applied for PR status, sponsored by me. They have their medicals next week. They have an apartment here, as they stay for 4-6 months at a time. I'm reading that when they or anyone else for that matter lands, they must show the Officer proof of at least $12,000. They don't have this - furnishing the apartment cost about half of that, and airfares to and fro while I have finished school this last year has eaten up a lot of spare cash. I would guess they have about half $6,000. They have a paid-for home here (I pay the rent) and incomes, so why do they need all this extra money?
Old Oct 22nd 2002, 5:33 am
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by bighead:
if they are sponsored they dont need to show funds... thats the whole point of sponsorship... the sponsor is responsible for maintaining them...

Thank you all. I was getting somewhat concerned!