Parental Sponsorship 2014

Old Jan 5th 2014, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

Psyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to all
Default Re: Parental Sponsorship 2014

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. The above statement is for in Canada spousal applications which are sent to Vegreville. There are no "in Canada" parental applications.
2. Since the applications for P/GP go to the bottom of the pile of the P/PGs applications that already being processed. (Mississauga is working on applications submitted May/2010) then there is the overseas processing. I doubt that any of the new applications will go into processing at the O/S office for 3/4 years. So it is unlikely that any P/GPs will be still in Canada as visitors. So I would think twice before selecting CPP-Ott as the processing office.

I Just followed the direction given in the Official Guide below
Guide 5772 - Application to Sponsor Parents and Grandparents

Where have you heard the applications are going to the "bottom of the pile"?

If this were the case Why did the program even get reopened this year, when they could of continued to reduce the backlog.

A quick look at other program application processing times e.g. Fed Skilled Worker - Shows 3 different processing times based on calendar periods over which the application were received and under what rules they were processed to, as to what was in effect at that time.

It will be interesting to see, in the coming months, publication on the CIC website as to the processing times. I suspect the new 5000 applications will be processed concurrently while the backlog is further reduced, 'under the new rules'.

I may be wrong and I do accept that, but logically this makes the most sense, to me at least!

Last edited by Psyched; Jan 5th 2014 at 1:20 am.
Old Jan 5th 2014, 1:29 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Psyched

If this were the case Why did the program even get reopened this year, when they could of continued to reduce the backlog.

A quick look at other program application processing times e.g. Fed Skilled Worker - Shows 3 different processing times based on calendar periods over which the application were received and under what rules they were processed to, as to what was in effect at that time.

It will be interesting to see, in the coming months, publication on the CIC website as to the processing times. I suspect the new 5000 applications will be processed concurrently while the backlog is further reduced, 'under the new rules'.

I may be wrong and I do accept that, but logically this makes the most sense, to me at least!
I read it will take 2 to 2 1/2 years for the new PRs to start coming through...so you can probably double that. Why would the CIC open the new sponsorship up if it would take so long? Saying that we applied for the Super Visa almost 5 months ago...meds 2 months ago...and we still haven't heard anything.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jan 5th 2014 at 1:32 am.
Old Jan 5th 2014, 1:33 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I read it will take 2 to 2 1/2 years for the new PRs to start coming through. Why would the CIC open the new sponsorship up if it would take so long? Saying that we applied for the Super Visa almost 5 months ago...meds 2 months ago...and we still haven't heard anything.
Pure politics.

Too many voters in Tory ridings making a fuss about the freeze.

I'm afraid PMM is right (as usual).

Just my humble opinion.
Old Jan 5th 2014, 1:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Pure politics.

Too many voters in Tory ridings making a fuss about the freeze.

I'm afraid PMM is right (as usual).

Just my humble opinion.
Yup...hopefully our SV will be through soon. In meantime we will split our time between Canada/US/UK.
Old Jan 5th 2014, 6:26 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

From the CIC Notices http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...2013-12-31.asp

Please note that PGP applications received before the November 5, 2011 pause and currently in the queue will be processed before any new applications (received on or after Jan. 2, 2014) are considered.

A proposal to reduce the age of dependents from under 22 to under 19 was pre-published in the Canada Gazette Part I on May 18, 2013, along with the proposed regulatory changes to the PGP program. The proposal to change the age of dependent children will not be coming into force at the time the PGP program re-opens on January 2, 2014.
Old Jan 5th 2014, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

Psyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to all

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

From the CIC Notices http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...2013-12-31.asp

Please note that PGP applications received before the November 5, 2011 pause and currently in the queue will be processed before any new applications (received on or after Jan. 2, 2014) are considered.

A proposal to reduce the age of dependents from under 22 to under 19 was pre-published in the Canada Gazette Part I on May 18, 2013, along with the proposed regulatory changes to the PGP program. The proposal to change the age of dependent children will not be coming into force at the time the PGP program re-opens on January 2, 2014.
Thanks for the link. I am surprised as to why cic, would reopen the program this year with this being the case! If we are looking at multiple years to clear the backlog many new applicants info will be out of date. I also wonder about the submitted payment info in the new applications if such a lengthy delay is the case.
Old Jan 5th 2014, 4:58 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks for the link. I am surprised as to why cic, would reopen the program this year with this being the case! If we are looking at multiple years to clear the backlog many new applicants info will be out of date. I also wonder about the submitted payment info in the new applications if such a lengthy delay is the case.

If the application makes it into the cap, then Sydney takes the payment fairly quickly, although the credit card must be valid for 9 months from the date of the application.
Old Jan 16th 2014, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

Manek is an unknown quantity at this point

I saw on Canadavisa forum that at least 4 people have noticed that their Credit cards have been charged. Their application reached from Jan 2 to Jan 6. Anyone here can confirm whether their cards been charged yet?
Old Jan 16th 2014, 7:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Manek
I saw on Canadavisa forum that at least 4 people have noticed that their Credit cards have been charged. Their application reached from Jan 2 to Jan 6. Anyone here can confirm whether their cards been charged yet?
YES!!!!!! January 13th.

Thank you Manek for posting.
Old Jan 17th 2014, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

Funds charged Jan 15th here, so I guess application complete and correct
Old Jan 17th 2014, 12:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Funds charged Jan 15th here, so I guess application complete and correct
Well done!!
Old Jan 18th 2014, 9:44 am
Just Joined

Mamawona is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,
I have a question about the grandparents supervisa. Does your child who has PR status in Canada have to have a minimum income for you to apply for a supervisa? I have been reading through the information on CIC website and I thought this was only for Family Class Sponsorship for permanent residency.

Thanks
Old Jan 18th 2014, 9:55 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mamawona
Hi there,
I have a question about the grandparents supervisa. Does your child who has PR status in Canada have to have a minimum income for you to apply for a supervisa? I have been reading through the information on CIC website and I thought this was only for Family Class Sponsorship for permanent residency.

Thanks
Yes you do, there is an info pack for supervisa on the cic website
Old Jan 18th 2014, 6:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mamawona
Hi there,
As per the eligibility page on the Supervisa -

"You must also prove that your child or grandchild in Canada meets a minimum income threshold"

The required income info info is here -http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5256ETOC.asp#incometables The amount required will depend on the number of people in your child's family, plus you.

HTH.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 18th 2014 at 6:39 pm.
Old Feb 4th 2014, 5:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

So after 33 days the cap has been reached for the 5000 applications.
http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/ca...545/story.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.