Parental Sponsorship 2014

Old Dec 31st 2013, 12:40 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Parental Sponsorship 2014

The stream is due to re open on Jan 2nd with the new forms being available some time today, good luck to all hoping to make the CAP for 2014, thought we could all trackour progress here,

Last edited by nikki dreaming; Dec 31st 2013 at 12:42 pm.
Old Dec 31st 2013, 5:40 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parental Sponsorship 2014

Hi

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
The stream is due to re open on Jan 2nd with the new forms being available some time today, good luck to all hoping to make the CAP for 2014, thought we could all trackour progress here,
1. The Race begins for inclusion in the 5000 cap.
2. Forms are here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...or-parents.asp
3. The background regulations are here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...2013/ob561.asp
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 2:00 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Got our application together today...it will be delivered by courier early tomorrow morning.
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 2:49 am
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

So can you sponsor parents only if you've had 3 consecutive years of eligible income 'in Canada' or am I missing something here? I moved to Canada in May 2013 and yet to file my first ever tax return here. Don't think I would be eligible to sponsor my parents if the above is true?
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 3:15 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Edo
So can you sponsor parents only if you've had 3 consecutive years of eligible income 'in Canada' or am I missing something here? I moved to Canada in May 2013 and yet to file my first ever tax return here. Don't think I would be eligible to sponsor my parents if the above is true?
Yes that's how we read it. Not sure if a spouse/partner joint sponsor would count to cover the 3 years. In that case.

The courier company we used said there will be a long line of couriers waiting to drop off applications tomorrow morning. The guy who collected ours today had already collected several more for drop off. If you are going to apply I would do so in the next few days. IMO the cap of 5,000 applications will be reached very quickly.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jan 2nd 2014 at 3:19 am.
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

Psyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to all

Our pack is complete and I'm dropping at couriers this morning, wonder how fast these applications will hit the 5000.
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 2:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Even if the application is accepted it looks like quite a lengthy wait...

http://www.cicnews.com/2013/11/scope...14-113069.html

In the article they refer to the Super Visa as an alternative. I'm sure I read that the CIC closed applications for the SV on 31 Dec 2013.
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 4:38 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Even if the application is accepted it looks like quite a lengthy wait...

http://www.cicnews.com/2013/11/scope...14-113069.html

In the article they refer to the Super Visa as an alternative. I'm sure I read that the CIC closed applications for the SV on 31 Dec 2013.
No, the supervisa is still open.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/supervisa.asp
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 4:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Siouxie
No, the supervisa is still open.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/supervisa.asp
That's the same link as I've already posted in my post #7...that's why I mentioned it.

Maybe I imagined it as it was crazy here trying to get the application done.

Our courier got there at 7 am and handed the package in at 10 am.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jan 2nd 2014 at 4:53 pm.
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 4:54 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

That's the same link as I've already posted in my post #7...that's why I mentioned it.

Maybe I imagined it as it was crazy here trying to get the application done.

Our courier got there at 7 am and handed the package in at 10 am.
The link I gave was to CIC - the link you gave was for a news article on a different website (not official CIC, it's a David Cohen website).

I'll keep my for you - but as you got your application in within 3 hours on the 1st day, I'm pretty sure you should be ok.

Will you still use the supervisa whilst you are waiting for processing?

Last edited by Siouxie; Jan 2nd 2014 at 4:57 pm.
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 5:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Siouxie
I'll keep my for you - but as you got your application in within 3 hours on the 1st day, I'm pretty sure you should be ok.

Will you still use the supervisa whilst you are waiting for processing?

Thank you...I hope so ...but I will be extremely surprised if we do.

We applied for the SV in Aug...had the medical mid Nov but haven't heard anything yet. In fact on the CIC website it says processing hasn't started yet. Yes we are hoping to use the SV until we get PR as I thought PR would take several years to obtain.

Hubby has just checked our SV status...now it says information unavailable for his. For my application it acknowledges the medical has been done and no further action is necessary. We asked for the visa to be dated 1st Jan 2014...maybe it's moving along now. My daughter said during her application for PR via her job...the website said processing hadn't begun...then all of a sudden she was notified that it was completed.
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 5:34 pm
Banned

Thank you...I hope so ...but I will be extremely surprised if we do.

We applied for the SV in Aug...had the medical mid Nov but haven't heard anything yet. In fact on the CIC website it says processing hasn't started yet. Yes we are hoping to use the SV until we get PR as I thought PR would take several years to obtain.

Hubby has just checked our SV status...now it says information unavailable for his. For my application it acknowledges the medical has been done and no further action is necessary. We asked for the visa to be dated 1st Jan 2014...maybe it's moving along now. My daughter said during her application for PR via her job...the website said processing hadn't begun...then all of a sudden she was notified that it was completed.
The ECAS is often wrong, mine still said 'in process' after I had landed!

that your SV comes through soon and your GPV is one of the 5000 (I can't see how it wouldn't be as it only opened today).

Old Jan 2nd 2014, 6:21 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Edo
Yes , you have to have 3 years of returning tax returns at the required income, for the 3 years immediate to submitting the application, this was a change made to the requirements with the stream opening up again today.
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 7:26 pm
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
Yes , you have to have 3 years of returning tax returns at the required income, for the 3 years immediate to submitting the application, this was a change made to the requirements with the stream opening up again today.
And thats for the income purely earned in Canada right? Or can you use your previous P60s as well
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 7:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Edo
And thats for the income purely earned in Canada right? Or can you use your previous P60s as well
No, you can't use P60's. From the CIC website - "If you are sponsoring a parent or a grandparent, you must submit a Notice of Assessment or Option C print out issued to you by the Canada Revenue Agency for each of the three years immediately preceding the date of your application."

So if you only submitted your first return in 2013, you've got a way to go before you can sponsor your parents. Note also that you'll have need to earn a minimum amount each year for it to qualify, so if you only landed part way through 2013 for example, you may not have earnt enough that year and may have to start from 2014.

HTH.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 2nd 2014 at 7:45 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.