Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Parent sponsorship - timeline from medical to PR being issued

Parent sponsorship - timeline from medical to PR being issued

Old May 18th 2015, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

sammymoko has much to be proud ofsammymoko has much to be proud ofsammymoko has much to be proud ofsammymoko has much to be proud ofsammymoko has much to be proud ofsammymoko has much to be proud ofsammymoko has much to be proud ofsammymoko has much to be proud ofsammymoko has much to be proud ofsammymoko has much to be proud ofsammymoko has much to be proud of
Post Parent sponsorship - timeline from medical to PR being issued

Hello All,

This question is for people who are living in Canada and have sponsored parents living outside of Canada. My parents live in the UK and I live in Ontario (originally from the UK). I'm trying to get a feel for timelines.

Medical request for parents requested May 2015.

Assuming all goes well in the medical and there are no follow-ups, how long after should we expect their PR card to be issued?

Thanks All.
Sammy
Old May 18th 2015, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

Granma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parent sponsorship - timeline from medical to PR being issued

Hi Sammy, I was a sponsored parent. I did my medical in mid December 2012 and got my PR at end of February 2013. Hope this info helps and the wait will be worth it in the end. My total wait time was from April 2008 to 2013 .... 5 years!

Granma Nessie
Old May 18th 2015, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

JuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond repute

Wow 5 years - is that how long it takes? And can a PR apply for parent sponsorship immediately? Thanks.
Old May 18th 2015, 11:33 pm
Canadians!!

Jo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JuneSpring
Wow 5 years - is that how long it takes? And can a PR apply for parent sponsorship immediately? Thanks.
No, he/she can not, because copies of tax returns from previous years must be submitted as proof of income. In addition, there is now a cap on Parent Sponsorship applications that CIC will accept per year. Last year the cap was reached in the first two weeks of January, meaning that any would-be applicants will have to wait until next January to summit their application.
Old May 19th 2015, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

sammymoko has much to be proud ofsammymoko has much to be proud ofsammymoko has much to be proud ofsammymoko has much to be proud ofsammymoko has much to be proud ofsammymoko has much to be proud ofsammymoko has much to be proud ofsammymoko has much to be proud ofsammymoko has much to be proud ofsammymoko has much to be proud ofsammymoko has much to be proud of

Thanks Granma Nessie. December 2012 to end Feb 2013, is thankfully not bad at all. I'm currently having problems trying to access the link to the approved panel physicians, for some reason I can't see London UK doctors and the Call Centre is useless. Anyway its great to hear you are finally with your family,Ii hope you are enjoying Ontario.
Take care and thank-you again for your prompt reply.

Regards,
Sam.
Old May 19th 2015, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

JuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jo&Alex

OP - sorry!