Parent Sponsorship Process

Old Feb 13th 2015, 4:25 am
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute
Default Parent Sponsorship Process

I'll apologize in advance for asking the following mundane question, but when I search the forum I get so much fluff that I can't seem to track down the information, so here goes.
My wife and I were sponsored as parents back in 2010 before the recent moritorium. We currently live in Canada under the Parents and Grandparents Supervisa.
We entered phase 2 of the sponsorship process last year and have now been called for yet more medicals.
The timeline still stretches way into the future before PR is granted.
My question is:
What additional steps in the sponsorship process follow the upcoming medicals?
ie what can we expect from CIC in the period from now until PR is granted?
I fully realize this question will have been done to death elsewhere, but just cant see the wood for the trees, and there appear to be a lot of trees in Canada.
Old Feb 13th 2015, 4:31 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parent Sponsorship Process

Originally Posted by dave_j
I'll apologize in advance for asking the following mundane question, but when I search the forum I get so much fluff that I can't seem to track down the information, so here goes.
My wife and I were sponsored as parents back in 2010 before the recent moritorium. We currently live in Canada under the Parents and Grandparents Supervisa.
We entered phase 2 of the sponsorship process last year and have now been called for yet more medicals.
The timeline still stretches way into the future before PR is granted.
My question is:
What additional steps in the sponsorship process follow the upcoming medicals?
ie what can we expect from CIC in the period from now until PR is granted?
I fully realize this question will have been done to death elsewhere, but just cant see the wood for the trees, and there appear to be a lot of trees in Canada.

We are also in Canada on the SV and applied for PR last January. Is the medical for your PR application? If so we when did you apply for PR? I ask because we applied for PR Jan 2014 but there has been no movement with our application so far.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Feb 13th 2015 at 4:40 am.
Old Feb 13th 2015, 4:53 am
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there Jerseygirl,
Our timeline is this:
Original family sponsorship application was Nov 2010.
Applied for Supervisa Apr 2013.
Granted Supervisa Oct 2013.
Arrived Canada Dec 2013.
Phase 2 of sponsorship process from CIC dated July 2014.
Phase 2 docs returned to CIC Sep 2014.
Confirmation of phase 2 received from CIC dated Nov 2014.
Medicals for phase 2 of sponsorship process requested from CIC Feb 2015.
So medicals requested are associated with the CIC requirements under the original sponsorship application and are part of the PR process as we understand it.
When you say you applied for PR in Jan 2014, have you applied from within Canada as an application as distinct from any sponsorship process?
Complicated stuff this....
Old Feb 13th 2015, 4:58 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there Jerseygirl,
Our timeline is this:
Original family sponsorship application was Nov 2010.
Applied for Supervisa Apr 2013.
Granted Supervisa Oct 2013.
Arrived Canada Dec 2013.
Phase 2 of sponsorship process from CIC dated July 2014.
Phase 2 docs returned to CIC Sep 2014.
Confirmation of phase 2 received from CIC dated Nov 2014.
Medicals for phase 2 of sponsorship process requested from CIC Feb 2015.
So medicals requested are associated with the CIC requirements under the original sponsorship application and are part of the PR process as we understand it.
When you say you applied for PR in Jan 2014, have you applied from within Canada as an application as distinct from any sponsorship process?
Complicated stuff this....

It sounds like your application is moving along nicely...even if it has taken over 4 years.

Yes we applied from inside Canada...and yes again,
Old Feb 13th 2015, 5:46 am
Listen to the Music

Hi Jerseygirl,
So just to be clear, you applied for PR once you had arrived in Canada under the SV, and outside the family sponsorship umbrella, is this correct? ie a 'normal' PR application as a temporary resident.
Dave J
Old Feb 13th 2015, 5:55 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Hi Jerseygirl,
So just to be clear, you applied for PR once you had arrived in Canada under the SV, and outside the family sponsorship umbrella, is this correct? ie a 'normal' PR application as a temporary resident.
Dave J

We actually applied for Permanent Residency when we were visiting Canada. Our SV came through the 3 months later.

Sorry Dave I've taken your thread off topic...something I ask others not to do.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Feb 13th 2015 at 5:58 am.
Old May 18th 2015, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

sammymoko has much to be proud ofsammymoko has much to be proud ofsammymoko has much to be proud ofsammymoko has much to be proud ofsammymoko has much to be proud ofsammymoko has much to be proud ofsammymoko has much to be proud ofsammymoko has much to be proud ofsammymoko has much to be proud ofsammymoko has much to be proud ofsammymoko has much to be proud of

Hi dave_j,

I was just reading your message and you said 'Medicals for phase 2 of sponsorship process requested from CIC Feb 2015.' I'm in a similar(ish) situation with sponsoring my parents. Their medical was requested in May 2015. I have a request - if the doctor/physician they chose was in London, UK, would you be okay to share the name/address details of doctor/physician- I ask because I started a thread in this forum because when I went to find one of the panel physicians on the CIC website, the drop down for the search list was empty. It seems to be some technical problem so I'm going to try again tomorrow and perhaps call them. Anyway if you are able to that would be great. thanks.

Here's the link to the physicians:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx

Here is the thread:

Can't view panel physicians list for London, UK on CIC website - please help - British Expats