Parent Sponsorship - Canada

Old May 5th 2019, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parent Sponsorship - Canada

If he was born in England or Wales, you can go to the following site, and order a replacement birth certificate for him. Just follow the instructions for entering his name, birth year (I usually give a 5 year range, eg 1940 to 1945). It can help if you know his mother's maiden name and the county in which he was born.

Once you have the registration entry, make a note of the 2 sets of figures at the end ...... volume number and page number

https://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

Then go to the following site ........ you do have to register but it is free, and it is a free site. Follow the instructions for Ordering Certificates. The certificate will cost you £11

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/
Old May 5th 2019, 8:41 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jakinthebox
Yes that's what I am worried about. UK. But the birth certificate is non-existent - I don't know what to do or say around this. Or if I should just give up.
If his birth certificate is from the UK, then there will be one - just follow the instructions above.

Good luck.
Old May 6th 2019, 3:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Bucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jak,
You do not need to supply your father's Birth certificate.
You only need your own (sponsor's) Birth certificate to show that you are related.

It says in the supporting documents check list that "If you are sponsoring the mother or father of your mother or father, then you must include the photocopy of your father's birth certificate"
Old May 6th 2019, 11:37 am
Just Joined

Jakinthebox is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bucks_Family
Hi Jak,
You do not need to supply your father's Birth certificate.
You only need your own (sponsor's) Birth certificate to show that you are related.

It says in the supporting documents check list that "If you are sponsoring the mother or father of your mother or father, then you must include the photocopy of your father's birth certificate"
Oh my Gosh.

Bucks_Family - you are right. I misread it.

That is an incredible relief! Thank you indelibly.

BTW I looked up processing times - its says 20-24 months - I'm hoping this will not increase if a new Government is elected later in the year

Thanks again!!
Old May 6th 2019, 11:38 am
Just Joined

Jakinthebox is an unknown quantity at this point

Siouxie
scilly
christmasoompa

Thank you Ladies - I was a doofus and got it muddled up. I appreciate the assistance.