Parent Sponsorship - Canada

Old Apr 30th 2019, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

Jakinthebox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Parent Sponsorship - Canada

Hi everyone,

Thanks for a great forum. I need some assistance with the parent sponsorship forms and am wondering if there are any members who have gone through this process. I have tried to call CIC but the phone lines keep saying that they are too busy and to call back

1. On IMM 5768 - Financial Evaluation for Parents and Guardians, when they want the past employers - and it asks for gross income - are they asking for gross income per year (what is stated on my contract) or the gross amount for the duration worked?
2. On the above form, I have had parental leave, so even though I insert the gross amount (on my contract) the actual would be less - do I have to figure all this out for them? Or is the gross contract amount sufficient?
3. For family unit size, does this mean the family unit size as at that point in time - or for the projected (including sponsors)

Given that I will authorize CIC to contact CRA for my records, would this not be sufficient for them?

Thanks,
Jak
Old Apr 30th 2019, 11:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parent Sponsorship - Canada

Hi Jak,
We had to complete the forms exactly a year ago.
I only had one line for my employment (from particular date to Present) and the Total amount earned.
I had Family size = 4 in that table, so the sponsored person was not included.
I had my SIN number submitted in the form, so there were no further questions asked.
Old May 1st 2019, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

JennLee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jakinthebox
Hi everyone,

Thanks for a great forum. I need some assistance with the parent sponsorship forms and am wondering if there are any members who have gone through this process. I have tried to call CIC but the phone lines keep saying that they are too busy and to call back

1. On IMM 5768 - Financial Evaluation for Parents and Guardians, when they want the past employers - and it asks for gross income - are they asking for gross income per year (what is stated on my contract) or the gross amount for the duration worked?
2. On the above form, I have had parental leave, so even though I insert the gross amount (on my contract) the actual would be less - do I have to figure all this out for them? Or is the gross contract amount sufficient?
3. For family unit size, does this mean the family unit size as at that point in time - or for the projected (including sponsors)

Given that I will authorize CIC to contact CRA for my records, would this not be sufficient for them?

Thanks,
Jak
I believe your gross income is line 150 on your Notice of Assessment.
Parental/Mat leave income is not considered social assistance and it should count towards total gross income.
Old May 1st 2019, 6:22 pm
Just Joined

JennLee is an unknown quantity at this point

Your family size in question 14 usually is the same number you have on question 7, because you need to prove you can provide for this family size in the last 3 years in order to qualify as a sponsor.

There could be a couple of exceptions when family size in question 14 is different from question 7. For instance, if 2017 was the last year of an undertaking signed in back in 1997, your family size in 2017 would be the Question 7 number + people in this 1997 undertaking.
Old May 2nd 2019, 2:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bucks_Family
Hi Jak,
We had to complete the forms exactly a year ago.
I only had one line for my employment (from particular date to Present) and the Total amount earned.
I had Family size = 4 in that table, so the sponsored person was not included.
I had my SIN number submitted in the form, so there were no further questions asked.
Hello BF

Thank you very much for your answer.

Happy to hear that you got the parental sponsorship last year - I also tried but didn't. This year I managed to snag a spot.

Hopefully we will get through the whole process.
Old May 2nd 2019, 2:26 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JennLee

Your family size in question 14 usually is the same number you have on question 7, because you need to prove you can provide for this family size in the last 3 years in order to qualify as a sponsor.

There could be a couple of exceptions when family size in question 14 is different from question 7. For instance, if 2017 was the last year of an undertaking signed in back in 1997, your family size in 2017 would be the Question 7 number + people in this 1997 undertaking.
JennLee

Thank you so much for your assistance and confirmation as well - I'm very appreciative of that.

I was on the phone line with CIC yesterday again and I actually got transferred (wait time: long) and 20 minutes in, the phone line cut off. I called back a # of times, each time it said that the queues were full.

Thanks to this forum and its members for the support.
Old May 2nd 2019, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, we were lucky to get a lottery spot. The whole process was pretty quick last year.
Passport request to get visa stamped came in October (same year).
My mother landed already as a PR in November 2018.
There were several emails in the meantime requesting additional documents to be sent with very tight deadlines (medicals, police certificates). Plus these emails were sent to my mother's email address (and she does not check it very often).
It's worth checking all the email addresses that have been entered in the application.

Hope it all goes well for you.
Old May 4th 2019, 5:51 am
Just Joined

Yes, we were lucky to get a lottery spot. The whole process was pretty quick last year.
Passport request to get visa stamped came in October (same year).
My mother landed already as a PR in November 2018.
There were several emails in the meantime requesting additional documents to be sent with very tight deadlines (medicals, police certificates). Plus these emails were sent to my mother's email address (and she does not check it very often).
It's worth checking all the email addresses that have been entered in the application.

Hope it all goes well for you.
Thank you - I really appreciate it. Almost there with the paperwork.

Congratulations again

Old May 4th 2019, 5:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JennLee

Jenn and Bucks_Family

Last two questions - just in case you may know:

1/ I just completed my 2018 tax return (groan) - so for IMM 5768 it says provide your employment history for the last three consecutive TAX YEARS.

Does this mean I should only include 2016, 2017 and 2018 now? I don't need to cover my 2015 work history?

2/ My Dad does not have a citizenship paper - his home country never issued him one. Is this a showstopper? How do I explain this? Should he fill in an affidavit?

Many thanks again

J
Old May 4th 2019, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

1/ I have included in my form only 2015, 2016 and 2017 work history and the total amount for these 3 years.
2/ Not sure if I understood this one. Does he have any passport?
Old May 5th 2019, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Surely a citizenship paper is only issued when you take out citizenship in a country other than the one in which you were born?

He should have a Birth Certificate of the country where he was born, and that shows his citizenship unless he has moved to another country and taken out citizenship in that second country.
Old May 5th 2019, 6:33 am
Just Joined

1/ I have included in my form only 2015, 2016 and 2017 work history and the total amount for these 3 years.
2/ Not sure if I understood this one. Does he have any passport?

Yes he has a passport - just no birth certificate. I used the wrong wording. He has citizenship as well, the only missing document is the birth cert.
Old May 5th 2019, 1:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jakinthebox
Yes he has a passport - just no birth certificate. I used the wrong wording. He has citizenship as well, the only missing document is the birth cert.
Could be an issue. What country is he a citizen of?
Old May 5th 2019, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

Yes that's what I am worried about. UK. But the birth certificate is non-existent - I don't know what to do or say around this. Or if I should just give up.
Old May 5th 2019, 5:57 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

What did he supply in order to obtain a UK passport? Find out the answer to that and we should be able to work out what you can use for the forms

https://www.gov.uk/apply-first-adult...-need-to-apply

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.