Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Parent have been asked to re-do medial before 12 month expiry

Parent have been asked to re-do medial before 12 month expiry

Old Feb 4th 2020, 4:10 pm
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Parent have been asked to re-do medial before 12 month expiry

Hey folks

I have sponsored my parents and they did their medicals at the end of February 2019. It's coming to about a year and the only time when we heard from CIC during this period was when they asked for further information on my dad's career history (my dad is retired and CIC asked for his CV which was provided).

Last week CIC sent an email requesting medicals but they only attached a form my mum and not my dad. We are in no rush whatsoever but I am slightly puzzled by CIC's requests. I want to write to them asking for clarification but I would like to establish a background before I do that. Are there legitimate reasons for these requests or is it some paper pusher trying to look for excuses to push my parents' file to the back of the queue?

Also, any thoughts why only one parent was asked to re-do medicals bearing in mind it hasn't been full 12 months since previous medicals?
Old Feb 4th 2020, 5:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parent have been asked to re-do medial before 12 month expiry

Originally Posted by Edo
Also, any thoughts why only one parent was asked to re-do medicals bearing in mind it hasn't been full 12 months since previous medicals?
Medicals are only valid for a year and so are about to expire. But no idea why only one parent has received a request to re-do them and not the other, can only assume the other will receive a request at some point too.