Panicking, please help!

Old May 20th 2012, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

wesbray is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Panicking, please help!

I'm border crossing tomorrow, can't for the life of me make my insurance policy document come up, it's not a clickable link, i've tried different computers, everything I can think of before I leave tomorrow, feel completely deflated.
Can't call their customer service because its not open arghhhh.
Old May 20th 2012, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Panicking, please help!

I've heard that alot of people aren't asked for it but I inevitably would because I don't have it.
Old May 20th 2012, 3:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

How do you have it stored on your pc?

Just thinking of ways to help. We've had problems with all sorts of docs and there has to be a way round it?
Old May 20th 2012, 4:16 am
Forum Regular

It was sent via email Stressing out majorly, i'm going to print everything that I can for it but nothing has the date of coverage!
Old May 20th 2012, 4:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Worst case scenario is CBSA would defer the exam until proof of insurance.
Are you doing a flagpole for IEC or something?
Take your laptop and show them if asked the link; and that you are unable to print it. Personally I wouldnt sweat too much about it we are very reasonable when it comes to matters like these.
Old May 20th 2012, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Worst case scenario is CBSA would defer the exam until proof of insurance.
Are you doing a flagpole for IEC or something?
Take your laptop and show them if asked the link; and that you are unable to print it. Personally I wouldnt sweat too much about it we are very reasonable when it comes to matters like these.
Yeah i'm flagpoling for IEC. Found a receipt for payments that has dates covered in it, its the bare minimum information but its all I have.

I'm taking my laptop so yeah if it comes to it i'll show them that I can't print it. When you ask for the proof of insurance, are there any particular details you look for?

Thanks alot for your help!
Old May 20th 2012, 4:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

We just check that you have medical coverage for the time in Canada i.e. 12 months to cover the TWP validity. Types of coverage can vary and what they cover but as long as you have coverage then thats fine.
Proof of payment also adds validity to your claim of being covered.
Old May 20th 2012, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

We just check that you have medical coverage for the time in Canada i.e. 12 months to cover the TWP validity. Types of coverage can vary and what they cover but as long as you have coverage then thats fine.
Proof of payment also adds validity to your claim of being covered.
Excellent, the proof of payment is on the receipt so that helps alot!

I've asked this a million times but all I need is:
LOI
Proof of insurance
Proof of funds
Passport
is that right?
Old May 20th 2012, 5:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by wesbray
Excellent, the proof of payment is on the receipt so that helps alot!

I've asked this a million times but all I need is:
LOI
Proof of insurance
Proof of funds
Passport
is that right?
ACPO would be really nice but not required.
Dont forget the $150 for the TWP Canadian cash or credit card
Chocolate bar for the BSO oh darn it wont be me processing you
Old May 20th 2012, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

ACPO would be really nice but not required.
Dont forget the $150 for the TWP Canadian cash or credit card
Chocolate bar for the BSO oh darn it wont be me processing you
Sorry, what? I didn't have to do that last time (this will be my second year)...
Old May 20th 2012, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

I already paid for the IEC visa if thats what you mean...
Old May 20th 2012, 10:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by wesbray
I already paid for the IEC visa if thats what you mean...
If already paid then thats ok the TWP is already in the system.
Old May 22nd 2012, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

Former Lancastrian, thanks so much for your help and advice, did the border crossing yesterday, was honest, made sure I had all my paperwork in order and it all went very smoothly (unlike the poor lad next to me!). I owe you a chocolate bar