Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

In a panic re SW app - expert advice please

In a panic re SW app - expert advice please

Old Aug 22nd 2007, 10:43 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In a panic re SW app - expert advice please

Originally Posted by R I C H
I applied for PR (skilled worker) in June '05. Moved to BC in Aug '05 and have been working here on a 3yr WP.

My PR application isn't fast tracked, I'm expecting it to take at least another 12mths. AFAIK, fast-tracking only occurs with PNP nomination.
No it doesn't. See timeline.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by destinationnovascotia
I am hearing different things from different people and so could anyone give me a definitive answer please.

2. Are my older children included on our application as they still live at home? One is working full time (and was when we applied) and one is taking a year out and doing some casual work (but was in full time education when we applied). I was told that under 22 years they were included but I am beginning to doubt this too. I called my consultant but did not get a definitive answer.
Hi,

We applied SW in Dec 04. At the time my eldest son was 19 and was included on my application as a dependent child (under 22). By the time we were asked to update our application, in Feb 2007, he had set up home with his fiancee, had produced a grandson for me, and had reached the heady age of 22.

In short, he was no longer treated as a dependent child as he had reached the age of 22 and was no longer living at home. He has no intention of accompanying us to Canada (now or in the future) and we removed him from our application.

As far as I know, dependent children under 22 remain on your application (whether accompanying you or not). My understanding is that this gives them the option in the future of being sponsored by you.

I think...

Hope this helps.

Simon
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 8:28 pm
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
If you're in Canada on a WP and get an AEO (arranged employment opinion) from HRSDC, your PR application is fast tracked.

From what I can gather from having read other threads on the topic, CIC does not have an official policy of fast tracking PR applications that are backed up by AEO. However, anecdotal reports suggest that, in reality, that's what CIC does.

This is what my IC has told me, if you get AEO application will be fast tracked!