Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

P/Clearance from australia?where to get it sent to????

P/Clearance from australia?where to get it sent to????

Old Jan 28th 2005, 1:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: P/Clearance from australia?where to get it sent to????

Originally Posted by OzRob
Hi Maple Leaf,
I have been doing a bit of research on getting an Australian police this week. Like yourself I was told that once they received an application it would take about 2 to 3 weeks to get it. Also don't forget that there are two pages to fill out.

I also asked the feds about getting the fingerprints done. They told me that I could get them done at a local police station. I got in contact with my local police station and they told me it would not be a problem. They advised me to contact them just before coming in to check if somebody qualified was there at the time. If you live in a large town or city I'd suggest getting in contact with other police stations. There must be somebody who will know what you are talking about!

I can't beleive that they would change $180 just for the finger printing! :scared:

I think I remember you saying that you also needed to get a UK clearance? If so what have you found out? Is the correct form called 3019b?
Nope dont' need the UK clearance just the aussie one. And honestly i have spoken to different people at the police station that i have given up on it here and am going to apply for it from Canada. I don't trust the situation now. As like i have stated above so many differing quotes and info given to me that i don't want to pay the $180 (last quote they gave me)...and then the $103 ......just to be waiting and waiting for it not to arrive in Canada. And also ...the police i spoke to in canada was great. He knew exactly what i was talking about. *We do these all the time*..was his words. .....phewww......also ..i am living in a large City in Australia. But they tell me i have to use this particular station cos i live in that area...LOL..well...i won't be living in it soon...hehehheeee..
I see you are applying for skilled migrant..? what kind of skill do you have and where are you moving to...?
..and ALSO..that baby photo STILL cracks me up....hehehehhehee
Old Jan 29th 2005, 12:49 am
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice
Default Re: P/Clearance from australia?where to get it sent to????

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
Nope dont' need the UK clearance just the aussie one. And honestly i have spoken to different people at the police station that i have given up on it here and am going to apply for it from Canada. I don't trust the situation now. As like i have stated above so many differing quotes and info given to me that i don't want to pay the $180 (last quote they gave me)...and then the $103 ......just to be waiting and waiting for it not to arrive in Canada. And also ...the police i spoke to in canada was great. He knew exactly what i was talking about. *We do these all the time*..was his words. .....phewww......also ..i am living in a large City in Australia. But they tell me i have to use this particular station cos i live in that area...LOL..well...i won't be living in it soon...hehehheeee..
I see you are applying for skilled migrant..? what kind of skill do you have and where are you moving to...?
..and ALSO..that baby photo STILL cracks me up....hehehehhehee
The lack of consistency between the state police departments in Australia is a pity. I just find it difficult to believe that a police station in a large city does not deal with request such as yours regularly. I'm sure that anybody going to work with kids must have to get a similar police clearance. The mind boggles!

I work in oil and gas. Here in Oz I work on off-shore drilling platforms. I am hoping to move to Alberta as that is where the work is. Also there are some good mountains there too which is why I want to move to Canada. If all goes well I hope to live in Canmore.

Cheers

PS I do look a treat in my picture, don't I??!! It was take a month ago.