OWP while waiting for inland PR

Old Jul 15th 2014, 4:19 pm
Banned

soccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nice
Default Re: OWP while waiting for inland PR

Under Security Requirements, it says:
For the following countries, police certificates should not be obtained before applying for immigration. You may receive special instructions at a later date about police certificates for these countries.

* Afghanistan
* Costa Rica
* Fiji
* French Polynesia
* Honduras
* Hong Kong
* Poland
* Saudi Arabia
* Singapore
* Thailand
* Ukraine
* United Kingdom
* Venezuela

I found this on the same forum . I am waiting for LMIA , and am currently in canada on implied status as a visitor . My immigration status is legal . The reason why I would love to do outland is bevause we are still not able to live together . She has a lease until next year and I wouldn't mind going back to europe before settling here for good . I can get a police certificate from my country in a week but the one from usa takes months
Old Jul 15th 2014, 4:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soccer203
Under Security Requirements, it says:
For the following countries, police certificates should not be obtained before applying for immigration. You may receive special instructions at a later date about police certificates for these countries.

* Afghanistan
* Costa Rica
* Fiji
* French Polynesia
* Honduras
* Hong Kong
* Poland
* Saudi Arabia
* Singapore
* Thailand
* Ukraine
* United Kingdom
* Venezuela
Can you give us the link where it says that please? It used to say that, but hasn't for ages unless I've missed it so please provide a link to it on the CIC website. In the guide for inland spousal sponsorship, it does very clearly state that you must have police certs included in your application.

But in any event, even if it does say that, aren't you from Croatia? So the above list doesn't apply to you anyway.

I am waiting for LMIA , and am currently in canada on implied status as a visitor . My immigration status is legal .
So you *have* applied to stay as a visitor? You've not just let your current status lapse and not applied for anything other than the LMIA? Because if that were the case, you would not be on implied status. And just checking, but you're not working?

The reason why I would love to do outland is bevause we are still not able to live together .
Why do you think applying inland will make a difference in that case? You still have to have lived together for a year or more to qualify as her common-law spouse, if that isn't the case then you can't apply either inland or outland.
Old Jul 15th 2014, 4:29 pm
Banned

soccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nice

I did apply to stay here as a visitor yes and it was before my old status expired yes . My immigration status is legal . The above list applies to me bevause I spent some time in usa and will need the fbi background check . In my first post i posted a link which clearly states that I am talking about spousal sponsorship not common law .
Old Jul 15th 2014, 4:29 pm
Banned

I am just looking for th best options for me and my fiance .
Old Jul 15th 2014, 4:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Common-law *is* spousal sponsorship - you can either apply as married or common-law, but applying inland or outland makes no difference to that.

So if you're not common-law spouses and will be applying as married, then when is the wedding? Have you not got time to get a US police cert before it?

And the US isn't on that list either! But again, please provide a link on the CIC website for it as it seems very out of date to me.

Glad you've applied for visitor status, at least you're legal. Apologies for asking but given your posting history I'm sure you'll understand why we did!

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jul 15th 2014 at 5:43 pm. Reason: Posting, not listing. Doh!
Old Jul 15th 2014, 5:15 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I did apply to stay here as a visitor yes and it was before my old status expired yes . My immigration status is legal . The above list applies to me bevause I spent some time in usa and will need the fbi background check . In my first post i posted a link which clearly states that I am talking about spousal sponsorship not common law .
Singapore and Thailand require a letter from CIC before they will issue a PCC. There maybe a couple of other.
Old Jul 15th 2014, 5:27 pm
Banned

Oh I understand , my past is behind me . Well because of the recent changes to LMO to LMIA process I am not sure if I will get a positive answer to work here . Our engagement is pretty recent and I read somewhere that sending police certificate at later date is acceptable . Maybe I am reading posts that are too old . We are not common law yet . I could pay outland and stay wirh her for some time and change my address to hers but because I am not working my name cannot be added to the lease . It is a very high end place . Once i land with pr me and her will buy a place . I just dont want this lengthy process to become even lo get because of police certificates
Old Jul 15th 2014, 5:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Our engagement is pretty recent and I read somewhere that sending police certificate at later date is acceptable . Maybe I am reading posts that are too old .
It seems so, if you're reading anything from say 2008 or 2009, then ignore it completely! The only thing you need to look at is the document checklist and guide for spousal sponsorship on the CIC website, which does say you need to send police certs in with your application.

Again, when are you actually planning on getting married? You say your engagement is recent, but no mention of your wedding date, do you not have enough time to apply for your US police cert now and get it before the wedding?
Old Jul 15th 2014, 5:50 pm
Banned

Well we dont have to send in our application right after the wedding . I want to bring at least one of my parents over . Wedding can take place in the next couple of months .
Old Jul 15th 2014, 6:32 pm
Banned

Police Certificate, Medical Exam: expiration, when to send?

I hope that cic is understanding when it comes to fbi background checks
Old Jul 15th 2014, 6:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Well we dont have to send in our application right after the wedding . I want to bring at least one of my parents over . Wedding can take place in the next couple of months .
Okay, so if you won't be applying for say, three months, then why can't you just apply for your FBI check now?

Then worst case scenario, it's only a short amount of time before you can apply.

Congrats on the upcoming nuptials by the way!
Old Jul 15th 2014, 10:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Police Certificate, Medical Exam: expiration, when to send?

I hope that cic is understanding when it comes to fbi background checks
That's not the CIC website, how is that relevant? All of the official info from cic states very clearly that you must provide police certs at the time of applying.

And no, they won't be understanding re: the FBI - believe it or not, the US is far quicker and easier to get police certs from than other countries. With respect, you need to stop thinking of immigration rules and requirements as optional for you. You have to do what CIC require, or it'll just delay your case even more.

Apply for it now, and then you can at least give it a chance to arrive before you get married and apply for PR.
Old Jul 15th 2014, 10:10 pm
Banned

Why so negative?
Old Jul 15th 2014, 10:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Why so negative?
About what??
Old Jul 16th 2014, 6:54 pm
Banned

If we do outland pr application can we select the visa office that will process it in europe ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.