Wikiposts

Owning a house. Good or bad?

Old May 17th 2004, 11:30 pm
Brit on the move

karen&Ted will become famous soon enough
Default Owning a house. Good or bad?

Hi,

Can someone please advise. We have just returned from Alberta, on a fact finding trip and we bought a house. The final bits of paper are going through now.

Should we tell Immigration we have purchased?

Does it go against you? i.e Immigration isn't garanteed

We are a little worried what to do next. It was a dream come true! we couldn't let this one go

Please advise
Old May 18th 2004, 12:58 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Owning a house. Good or bad?

Originally posted by karen&Ted
Hi,

Can someone please advise. We have just returned from Alberta, on a fact finding trip and we bought a house. The final bits of paper are going through now.

We are a little worried what to do next. It was a dream come true! we couldn't let this one go

Please advise
We did the same as you and many others on this forum. We did inform CHC in London that we had bought a property. It should not be detrimental to your PR application so don't worry.
Old May 18th 2004, 3:19 am
mickj

Default Re: Owning a house. Good or bad?

Do realise that buying a property doesn't really guarantee you PR, having a family here will probably get you more brownie points.

Good on you though, you seem to have taken a stepping stone into moving here.

Originally posted by karen&Ted
Hi,

Please advise