Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

From outside to inside Canada sponsorship- experts

From outside to inside Canada sponsorship- experts

Old Jan 25th 2005, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

Jassy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default From outside to inside Canada sponsorship- experts

Hello there,
10 days ago I mailed the application to sponsor my husband from outside Canada. He will stay in States until he gets his PR.
Just a question, within few months if this application takes too long and my husband wants to come to Canada, what changes do we need to make with immigration in order to switch from outside sponsorship to inside of Canada.
Thank you all.

Jassy
Old Jan 26th 2005, 1:28 am
Happy Canadian PR

ozinca will become famous soon enoughozinca will become famous soon enough
Default Re: From outside to inside Canada sponsorship- experts

Originally Posted by Jassy
Hello there,
10 days ago I mailed the application to sponsor my husband from outside Canada. He will stay in States until he gets his PR.
Just a question, within few months if this application takes too long and my husband wants to come to Canada, what changes do we need to make with immigration in order to switch from outside sponsorship to inside of Canada.
Thank you all.

Jassy
Hi Jassy,

I don't actually think it is possible to go from 'outside' to 'inside' applicant. But in all honesty, even if it was, it would take months (everything else does) to get a file sent from Buffalo to Vegreville. You would end up waiting so much longer than if you just left the file where it was. Your husband (with US passport) will be able to visit you in Canada and even live with you (with visitor status) while he waits for PR.

Good luck to you both, I know how hard this process is.
Old Jan 26th 2005, 3:05 am
Forum Regular

Jassy is an unknown quantity at this point

Ozinca,
Thank you for your replay. I think that we will leave it as it is. Do not want more complications. If we could handle being apart this long, another 6-12 months will be piece of cake for us.
Thanks again.

Jassy
Old Jan 26th 2005, 3:54 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jassy
Hello there,
Thank you all.

Jassy
As a USA citizen your husband would be able to visit you from time to time during the outside Canada processing so long as he does not conceal the application.