Wikiposts

out of status,need help .

Old Aug 12th 2010, 10:14 am
Just Joined

chik2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default out of status,need help .

out of status now and need to leave asap ...passport wasnt renewed on time to send in for reinstatement of status so there is no other option ,but how are you supposed to leave asap with an expired passport ? Ive tried !
I heard you can fly into UK with an expired passport (british citizen) as long it is direct ,but i call certain airlines and get told different.Some i cant get through to at all .
My worry is i dont want them to get picked up, arrested and then deported or anything and maybe making it impossible to get back here in the future.
The immigration officer i spoke to mentioned to pick up a status document on way out or when trying to come back in the future ?does anyone know what they might have meant ,or be talking about ?

thanks
Old Aug 12th 2010, 11:49 am
BTJ
Occasionally Useful

BTJ is on a distinguished road
Default Re: out of status,need help .

Could you contact your nearest British consulate and ask for an emergency passport in order to get back to the UK?
Old Aug 12th 2010, 12:58 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: out of status,need help .

I don't have any idea about the status document, sorry.

As to the passport, this website may be of use:

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-...ad/passports1/

Replacement and emergency passports

We can issue you with a replacement travel document if you need to travel urgently. But we’ll need some verification of your identity and to be satisfied that you are a British national. You’ll also need to show us a police report and pay a fee. (*this applies to stolen or lost passports)

This document may be an emergency passport valid for a single journey, a temporary one-year passport or a standard passport, depending on embassy facilities and your travel needs. We need to make checks before we can issue a passport and this may mean you have to delay your travel plans.

You’ll have to pay an extra fee if staff need to issue an emergency travel document outside of normal office hours. This starts at £121. You should also consider whether you need to obtain an exit visa from the local immigration authorities. Some countries do not issue such visas outside normal office hours.

Check with the local British embassy or consulate to see what services it offers. Local conditions mean that different passport services are available in different areas.

You can get an emergency travel document from your nearest UK consulate office:

...from... http://ukincanada.fco.gov.uk/en/help...tolen-passport

If you are a visitor to Canada or you have urgent travel commitments you should contact your nearest Consulate for advice . We may be able to issue you with an emergency travel document. A fee for this will be charged in Canadian dollars.

Consulate offices: http://ukincanada.fco.gov.uk/en/abou...her-locations/ (Each city has a link on the website to show what services they offer).

Vancouver
Toronto
Montreal
Calgary
Dartmouth
Quebec City
St. John's
Winnipeg

Emergency Passport £69.00 = $121.00
Emergency Travel Document £89.00 = $156.00