Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Out of Canada applying for Citizenship

Out of Canada applying for Citizenship

Old Dec 9th 2011, 1:23 am
Just Joined

salmanmcs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Out of Canada applying for Citizenship

Hi Guys

Thanks for this forum for useful tips and information... really appreciate .

I am out of Canada after applying for Citizenship in July 2010.I am out of Canada for family reasons from Feb to September 2011.
For correspondence, I provided them my friend's address and he informs me from time to time.CIC called for the Citizenship test and I took my test on time on September 2011.CIC also gave me a Residence Questionnaire and I provided them with all documentation.I am out of Canada again and will back with they call me for my Citizenship Oath.

My questions is, does this abasece period will delay my application procedure or as long as I am not missing my dates for test or oath, I am good ?
Please advice.

Sincerely,
Salman
Old Dec 9th 2011, 9:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Out of Canada applying for Citizenship

Try this link see if it answers your questions

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/index.asp
Old Dec 9th 2011, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

Pls be specific.
How would you answer a question by giving a book in hand ?
Old Dec 9th 2011, 4:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Because the answer might be contained in that link I gave you???????
Old Dec 9th 2011, 10:10 pm
BTJ
Occasionally Useful

BTJ is on a distinguished road

Theoretically provided you can attend the test & ceremony dates and you remain a Permanent Resident (and you otherwise qualify) then you can become a citizen even whilst living abroad.
Old Dec 10th 2011, 12:33 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

To become a Canadian citizen you have to maintain eligibility for citizenship up to the test, being 1095 days (3 years) in the four years up to the test. For most this is not a problem as they are still in Canada during the process. If you had the minimum when you applied then left for a year or more, you may not be eligible.

You may want to check this out as Canada Immigration are having a purge right now.
Old Dec 10th 2011, 8:49 am
Just Joined

Hi Avaitor

Thanks for the advice.
How do you mean by minimum ?

I have completed 3 years (June 2007 to August 2010) and then applied for Citizenship.
I left Canada in Feb 2011 and came back in September 2011, so was out of Canada for 7+ months.

Please advice.

Thanks in Advance .