Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

In, Out and Back In again in 3 weeks time

In, Out and Back In again in 3 weeks time

Old Oct 4th 2003, 11:33 am
Just Joined

gmmg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default In, Out and Back In again in 3 weeks time

Dear experts,

I applied Mar2003 and I've gotten our visas and Confirmation of Permanent Residence.

Coming from Singapore, we need to go first to New Jersey to liquidate and consolidate some assets there and stay there for a month. Within that month, my wife and I will go ahead to Toronto, leaving our kids first in NJ with some relatives as we reckkon it's going to be difficult to bring them without knowing where we would be staying. Once we get an aprtment/house, my wife and I will go back to NJ to get our kids and go back to Canada to settle for good.

I've looked and read posts here about the PR Card being processed for about 4-5 months. My question is if what I am planning above is possilbe since my wife and I will need to go back to New Jersey, presumably without the PR card yet, and then go back to Canada with our children, and still without the PR card. Do you think we will be able to go back to Canada w/o the PR Card?

I aplogize if this scenario/question has been posted before. I've looked and read so many pages here. Unfortunately, I did not see any case that is similar in nature.

Thanks everyone!
Old Oct 4th 2003, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

TeamSupremo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmmm ... not sure but I think you can go in and out of Canada even without your PR card.

(I think it's better to get the expert's response on this thoug)