Wikiposts

Our Response to fairness letter

Old Jan 16th 2011, 10:30 pm
Just Joined

Owoblow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Our Response to fairness letter

After few weeks of gathering necessary information and documentation, see below, the plan we would be sending by the end of this week.

The Plan:

Health or Social Service Requirements:

According to the Medical reports and Doctor’s recommendation what our son will require are: (though CIC did not list any specific requirement)
- Auditory Verbal Therapy; to help in developing his communication and language skills.
- Mapping of Cochlear Speech Processor; once in a year.

1. Myself, my wife and kids ave international private medical insurance. I will be sending the Insurance coverage and the insurance cards for my son and all of us.

2. We received a signed letter of agreement with the private organization that will be offering him the Auditory verbal therapy needed with the cost to be 5,000CDN per school year which makes it 25,000CDN for 5 years.
The insurance covers his therapy.

3. We have a letter from the private Christian regular school in Canada, saying they are ready to champion his educational development of our son, thereby offering him a place in the school wit the cost of 5,500 per school session making it 27,700 for 5 years.

4. We are also providing a letter for the correspondence course my wife had in other to be able to assist our son in Auditory Verbal therapy at home as she has been doing before.

Finally, we are providing our statement of over 50,000USD as the proof that we can fund the above.

Do you think this is okay? Is there anything you think I still need to add? Please feel free to send me your comments. They will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 7:41 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Our Response to fairness letter

Originally Posted by Owoblow
After few weeks of gathering necessary information and documentation, see below, the plan we would be sending by the end of this week.

The Plan:

According to the Medical reports and Doctor’s recommendation what our son will require are: (though CIC did not list any specific requirement)
- Auditory Verbal Therapy; to help in developing his communication and language skills.

1. Myself, my wife and kids ave international private medical insurance. I will be sending the Insurance coverage and the insurance cards for my son and all of us.

2. We received a signed letter of agreement with the private organization that will be offering him the Auditory verbal therapy needed with the cost to be 5,000CDN per school year which makes it 25,000CDN for 5 years.

3. We have a letter from the private Christian regular school in Canada, saying they are ready to champion his educational development of our son, thereby offering him a place in the school wit the cost of 5,500 per school session making it 27,700 for 5 years.

4. We are also providing a letter for the correspondence course my wife had in other to be able to assist our son in Auditory Verbal therapy at home as she has been doing before.

Finally, we are providing our statement of over 50,000USD as the proof that we can fund the above.

Do you think this is okay? Is there anything you think I still need to add? Please feel free to send me your comments. They will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Hello,
Please let me know what you think about this plan.
Thanks.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 7:50 am
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,
Thanks.
Canada has a universal health system. As such, every immigrant has to qualify medically and I doubt your "plan" will have any effect on the decision to allow entry to your son and, IMO, neither should it.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 7:54 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,
Thanks.
Please refrain from 'bumping' your threads up, it's not great forum netiquette and against site rules.

Yours is a complicated case and as such, you are unlikely to get many responses. If you want an expert opinion, afraid you'll have to pay for it!
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 8:07 am
Onwards and upwards!

fatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of light

Hello,
Thanks.
hey owoblow, sorry you haven't got any responses, i've found the same thing lately too! Anyway, i'm no expert but having had to do the same thing, your plan looks better than mine did! I would suggest though getting a lawyer on board with this as they seem to be toughening up on medical inadmissibility, and in some cases rightly so, however, my guess is that you could possibly have a fight on your hands so get some representation ready just in case.
I can't really say anymore than that but your case does look stronger than mine and i wish you all the very best! Lets hope someone can say something more constructive, all the best
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 8:10 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fatcat65
hey owoblow, sorry you haven't got any responses, i've found the same thing lately too! Anyway, i'm no expert but having had to do the same thing, your plan looks better than mine did! I would suggest though getting a lawyer on board with this as they seem to be toughening up on medical inadmissibility, and in some cases rightly so, however, my guess is that you could possibly have a fight on your hands so get some representation ready just in case.
I can't really say anymore than that but your case does look stronger than mine and i wish you all the very best! Lets hope someone can say something more constructive, all the best

Hi Fatcat,
Thanks so much for your words of encouragement. It is well.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 8:29 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

The Plan:

Thanks.
I would have thought that mapping sessions would be needed more than once a year.

Your plans cover the next five years, why have you chosen this length of time?
Do you have any evidence showing how children with CIs progress at school, further education and employment. IMO you need to show that the CI will allow your child to function with minimal or no support and at what stage you expect that to happen.

Also what upgrades does his CI expect to have, implanted parts usually have a warranty for 10 years and the speech processor 3 years with cables etc much less. Does your insurance cover this?
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

joepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatcat65
From the blog link at the bottom of my sig block:

http://petemcfarlane.blogspot.com/20...s-crossed.html
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 9:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fledermaus
I would have thought that mapping sessions would be needed more than once a year.

Your plans cover the next five years, why have you chosen this length of time?
Do you have any evidence showing how children with CIs progress at school, further education and employment. IMO you need to show that the CI will allow your child to function with minimal or no support and at what stage you expect that to happen.

Also what upgrades does his CI expect to have, implanted parts usually have a warranty for 10 years and the speech processor 3 years with cables etc much less. Does your insurance cover this?
Thanks. My plan covered 5 years becuase that was the minimum requirement by the CIC.
Once he develops Communication and language skills he will not need support in the school again.
My insurance covers all about the CI. It is classified under surgery.
Thanks again.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 9:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by joepublic
From the blog link at the bottom of my sig block:

http://petemcfarlane.blogspot.com/20...s-crossed.html

Hi Joepublic,

Your plan was of a great assistance to me. I was actually using it as a guide to work on my plan.
Thanks so much for sharing it.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 9:58 am
Account Closed

Thanks. My plan covered 5 years becuase that was the minimum requirement by the CIC.
Once he develops Communication and language skills he will not need support in the school again.
My insurance covers all about the CI. It is classified under surgery.
Thanks again.
You think it will take 5 years? is this the usual for a child with a CI?
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

You think it will take 5 years? is this the usual for a child with a CI?

Thanks Fledermaus. It may take 5 years or less. The usual thing is that a child with CI develops communication and Language skills. Once that is done and he is able to communicate that is all. A child is expected to go through constant Auditory Verbal Therapy for 2 - 5years after CI for language development.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 4:21 am
Account Closed

Thanks Fledermaus. It may take 5 years or less. The usual thing is that a child with CI develops communication and Language skills. Once that is done and he is able to communicate that is all. A child is expected to go through constant Auditory Verbal Therapy for 2 - 5years after CI for language development.
Then I would have some letters from your audiologist and ENT surgeon outlining this and your childs expected progress, ie it might not be 5 years, maybe only 2.
Have something from the hospital describing his progress. I know for an post lingually deafened adult it is different but I have had tests that measure sentence and word understanding etc. Presumably your child will have had tests to determine progress so far.

PS, it's just that it seems to me that you are presenting the worst case and not the best, or even a reasonable outcome of the CI

Last edited by fledermaus; Jan 23rd 2011 at 4:39 am.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 5:16 am
Just Joined

Then I would have some letters from your audiologist and ENT surgeon outlining this and your childs expected progress, ie it might not be 5 years, maybe only 2.
Have something from the hospital describing his progress. I know for an post lingually deafened adult it is different but I have had tests that measure sentence and word understanding etc. Presumably your child will have had tests to determine progress so far.

PS, it's just that it seems to me that you are presenting the worst case and not the best, or even a reasonable outcome of the CI
It is well. I will do my best and leave the rest to God. God has the final say and His will alone will be done.
Thanks for your contributions.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 5:35 am
Account Closed

It is well. I will do my best and leave the rest to God. God has the final say and His will alone will be done.
Thanks for your contributions.
You're welcome. Hope to see you over here one day soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.