Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Are our police checks out of date?

Are our police checks out of date?

Old Nov 29th 2005, 2:18 am
Forum Regular

claire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really nice
Default Are our police checks out of date?

Hi there,

Had our police checks done the middle of May and then put the application on the back burner while we ditched our jobs and went of to Nova Scotia for 3 months to see if we loved the placed ....

Applying to London ... Do I need to get new ones?

thank you
Old Nov 29th 2005, 2:33 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are our police checks out of date?

You shouldn't need to get new police checks done unless you're asked for them.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 2:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all

I think it should be valid at the time of application.

regs
Old Nov 29th 2005, 3:28 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, I thought from the timeline that they'd already applied and were asking if they needed to update them.

If you haven't applied yet then I'd get new ones: doesn't it say somewhere in the application forms they need to be less than three months old or something like that?
Old Nov 29th 2005, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

claire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really nice

Hi Mark,

Yes I have found it ... they are out of date so I will apply for new ones.

Thank you for the responses

Claire
Old Nov 29th 2005, 4:08 am
Curiously Wise

Jingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by claire600
Hi Mark,

Yes I have found it ... they are out of date so I will apply for new ones.

Thank you for the responses

Claire
And don't forget that you will need to get them done again nearer the end of your waiting time - e.g. we applied in April 2004, got our AOR in June 2004 giving us an 18 month waiting time so we have just re-done ours so that IF we get our medical requests in the next few weeks we have got up to date police certs ready to go!! Saves another month of waiting (I hope!).

J
Old Nov 29th 2005, 4:36 am
Tab
Forum Regular

Tab is on a distinguished road

Claire:

What did you think of Nova Scotia? Especially the cost of housing and the cost of living. I am currently targeting Alberta, but Nova Scotia also sounds interesting.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

We love Nova Scotia it's beautiful. We have bought a 3 bedroomed house on a one acre plot for £35,000 in Windsor one hours drive from Halifax. Windsor is one of the cheaper areas ... there are some lovely towns to live in like Wolfville and Hantsport but obviously these are more expensive areas and our family is in Windsor so that's where we are.

Hope this helps

Claire

Originally Posted by Tab
Claire:

What did you think of Nova Scotia? Especially the cost of housing and the cost of living. I am currently targeting Alberta, but Nova Scotia also sounds interesting.
Attached Thumbnails Are our police checks out of date?-144-panuke-road.jpg  
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 4:05 am
Tab
Forum Regular

Tab is on a distinguished road

Thanks, Claire. Your new home looks beautiful.