Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Our Application has gone! :) What next?

Wikiposts

Our Application has gone! :) What next?

Old Apr 22nd 2010, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

jameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to all
Default Our Application has gone! :) What next?

Our application is on it's way to Mississauga!

Thanks to everyone who has given us advice on here, for what became a long year of compiling forms and proof of relationship, ACPO checks, FBI checks, Florida state checks, medical, endless passport pictures.

Now we just need to sit back and wait. How do I find out the status of our application? And when can I expect to hear from them?

It was an outland application - Common Law Partner.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 2:03 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our Application has gone! :) What next?

Hi

Originally Posted by jameswales
Our application is on it's way to Mississauga!

Thanks to everyone who has given us advice on here, for what became a long year of compiling forms and proof of relationship, ACPO checks, FBI checks, Florida state checks, medical, endless passport pictures.

Now we just need to sit back and wait. How do I find out the status of our application? And when can I expect to hear from them?

It was an outland application - Common Law Partner.
1. You will get either a refusal or approval from Mississauga in 67 days and notification that the application was sent to the overseas office for processing.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

petesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nice

Hi, is that time frame the same for outland spousal sponsor? thanks
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 5:07 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Originally Posted by petesdragon
Hi, is that time frame the same for outland spousal sponsor? thanks
Yes, that is only the sponsorship time frame for "out of Canada". Then there is the overseas processing.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 9:38 am
Just Joined

eternal-optimist is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. You will get either a refusal or approval from Mississauga in 67 days and notification that the application was sent to the overseas office for processing.
We also sent off our application - spousal sponsorship via outland route. The docs were sent off last week to Mississauga.

Regarding the receipt of the package by the CPC-Mississauga, is there any way of knowing that someone has actually safely picked up/received the documents? Do they contact the sponsor to at least confirm receipt or not??

Is it possible that the first/only time Mississauga will communicate with me is when they write to me ragarding the approval/rejection of sponsorship?

Just stressing out, not knowing if the docs have been safely received...
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 10:06 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi

Originally Posted by eternal-optimist
We also sent off our application - spousal sponsorship via outland route. The docs were sent off last week to Mississauga.

Regarding the receipt of the package by the CPC-Mississauga, is there any way of knowing that someone has actually safely picked up/received the documents? Do they contact the sponsor to at least confirm receipt or not??

Is it possible that the first/only time Mississauga will communicate with me is when they write to me ragarding the approval/rejection of sponsorship?

Just stressing out, not knowing if the docs have been safely received...
1. Unless you sent it recorded delivery, the first contact will be the refusal/approval letter.