Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

OTHER MEANS OF MIGRATING TO CANADA

OTHER MEANS OF MIGRATING TO CANADA

Old Apr 24th 2009, 6:46 am
Heading to toronto or cal

joycejimi is a name known to alljoycejimi is a name known to alljoycejimi is a name known to alljoycejimi is a name known to alljoycejimi is a name known to alljoycejimi is a name known to alljoycejimi is a name known to alljoycejimi is a name known to alljoycejimi is a name known to alljoycejimi is a name known to alljoycejimi is a name known to all
Default OTHER MEANS OF MIGRATING TO CANADA

I am new to this forum and would appreciate any advice.

I applied for Canadian PR on 12th Oct 2006 through the CIC London, received requested for updated documents on 12th Nov 2008, all documents sent on 10th Feb 2009. Received additional request for recent bank statement and employment reference on 23rd March 2009, and these documents were sent on April 1 2009, but no IELTS was asked.

I am worried sick now if I will be ask for medical or refuse. I am not a native english speaker but I have had all my education in english. I did my master here in the UK. I submitted a written documentation (my master dissertation) as a prove of my proficiency in english on Feb 2009 and I also recently took IELTS, hoping to send the result seperately before I receive any further correspondence from CIC London. The fact that I was not asked for IELTS, does it mean the visa officer is satisfy with my english level?

Since I have always wanted to live in Canada (also to be able to bring up my daughter), I would be happy if anyone could advice me of other routes to emigrate to canada. I just want to start thinking of a plan B should in-case my application is refuse. I have a BSC (from Nigeria) and MSC (from UK) in geology, and have worked as a geo-environmentalist in the UK for about three years now. I have tried looking for jobs in canada through various websites, but I have been turned down. I was wondering if using a UK address is the main reason for the disappointment.

Just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction on how best to get a job in canada and possible apply for a workpermit. Any advice would be higly welcome and many thanks to all who will be replying.

Thanks
Joycejimi
Old Apr 24th 2009, 5:33 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OTHER MEANS OF MIGRATING TO CANADA

Originally Posted by joycejimi
I am worried sick now if I will be ask for medical or refuse. I am not a native english speaker but I have had all my education in english. I did my master here in the UK. I submitted a written documentation (my master dissertation) as a prove of my proficiency in english on Feb 2009 and I also recently took IELTS, hoping to send the result seperately before I receive any further correspondence from CIC London. The fact that I was not asked for IELTS, does it mean the visa officer is satisfy with my english level?
As far as I know, you will have to do the medical - it is a requirement for all PR applicants. I don't know for sure about IELTS. One thing for sure is that Canada needs geologists. Just look at the list: 2113 Geologists, Geochemists and Geophysicists
Old Apr 25th 2009, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

marielawson is a name known to allmarielawson is a name known to allmarielawson is a name known to allmarielawson is a name known to allmarielawson is a name known to allmarielawson is a name known to allmarielawson is a name known to allmarielawson is a name known to allmarielawson is a name known to allmarielawson is a name known to allmarielawson is a name known to all

Do not worry at all about the IELTS, it is not a requirement to get PR status. The medicals will be required almost at the end of the process. Avoid sending any document that is not expressly required by a visa officer, otherwise you may create confusion and further delays. It seems that your application is in the right direction, you can do nothing but wait for the outcome.

Regarding being turned down by prospective employers, you should know that it is very unlikely that they consider your application seriously if you are not a PR in Canada. Employers normally want to see and speak to the person they are going to hire. Even if your profession is in demand, there is a bunch of people after every position available.

Do try to be patient, immigrating to Canada is a lenghty process, specially from the UK. Immigration Canada is very, VERY slow. Stay put, keep working and enjoying life. Always have other prospects in mind. Given the awful recession the Country is experiencing, Canadian polititians are considering to put all immigration files on hold for a year; this is not official, but it could very well happen. In any case my strongest advise is to be very patient. Good luck.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 2:31 am
Heading to toronto or cal

joycejimi is a name known to alljoycejimi is a name known to alljoycejimi is a name known to alljoycejimi is a name known to alljoycejimi is a name known to alljoycejimi is a name known to alljoycejimi is a name known to alljoycejimi is a name known to alljoycejimi is a name known to alljoycejimi is a name known to alljoycejimi is a name known to all

Thanks marielawson and JonboyE for your reply. I hope that I will get a favourable response from CHC London. Fingers cross.