Original Documentation

Old Jul 11th 2009, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

Yam Yam is on a distinguished road
Default Original Documentation

Hi all

I am new to the Canadian Forum, but have history with both the Middle East and the Australia forum due to work locations!

Anyway my question is regarding the skilled PR visa and the requirements for original documentation. My question is a little objective, but opinions and experiences will be appreciated.

Original documentation required is fairly stringent, especially with regard to employment contracts and references, this is also the case with education.

For example PR visa requirements call for University transcripts in sealed university envelopes? I have original transcripts, but they are not in uni sealed envelopes -

Also requirements call for references stating salary etc? I have good references but they do not state salary.

I realise that to be safe instructions should be followed extremely closely, but how closely, is there any flexibility what so ever???
Old Jul 12th 2009, 9:54 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Original Documentation

Originally Posted by Yam Yam
Hi all

I am new to the Canadian Forum, but have history with both the Middle East and the Australia forum due to work locations!

Anyway my question is regarding the skilled PR visa and the requirements for original documentation. My question is a little objective, but opinions and experiences will be appreciated.

Original documentation required is fairly stringent, especially with regard to employment contracts and references, this is also the case with education.

For example PR visa requirements call for University transcripts in sealed university envelopes? I have original transcripts, but they are not in uni sealed envelopes -

Also requirements call for references stating salary etc? I have good references but they do not state salary.

I realise that to be safe instructions should be followed extremely closely, but how closely, is there any flexibility what so ever???
Hi, and welcome to the Canada forum.

For a sealed uni transcript, you simply have to contact your university. You will probably have to pay a small fee, but they will send you a sealed transcript. That is essential - if it's not sealed, then it won't be accepted by CIC as it could have been tampered with.

As for references, if they don't have salary on then I would think that would be fine as you'll have to provide payslips, copies of your contract, P60's etc anyway, which will obviously show your salary. That's just a guess though - to be on the safe side, you could get new references with the salary in them?

Good luck.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

Yam Yam is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the response!

Playing devils advocate here, but how do I check that the document inside the sealed envelope is correct?
Old Jul 12th 2009, 5:19 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Yam Yam
Thanks for the response!

Playing devils advocate here, but how do I check that the document inside the sealed envelope is correct?
You can't unless you open it, then it isn't sealed. You could go belt and suspenders, send a copy of the transcripts along with the sealed envelope.