Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Organizing the application/documents: Please help.

Organizing the application/documents: Please help.

Old Jul 6th 2005, 4:31 pm
Banned

nathan_1972 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Organizing the application/documents: Please help.

Hi All,

I am in the final stages of completing my application for PR and associated documents.

As we are required provide lot of documentation (and as I could not provide reference letter from my current employer, I am attaching notarized photocopies some of the work documents that will address the details requested in the reference letter), I was wondering is it correct to add a table of contents and attachment #s for each of the documents for easy reference to the immigration officer.

For eg. I am attaching additional sheets for some of the questions (on personal history and address details). As these are documents I am adding, I belive it would be ok to name these documents as "Attachment "X" " and make reference to the document name in the application form.

However, as there are lot of other documents that are requested (photocopies) with the application, I was not sure whether it is right thing to write something like "Attachment "Y" on a notarized photocopy. Is it legally correct to write something like this on a notarized document and is the document still considered a true copy.

I wish to you have your guidance and suggestions to organize the application/documentation.

Please help. Thanks very much in advance.
Old Jul 6th 2005, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

zider is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Organizing the application/documents: Please help.

No need to write a table of contents, as far as I know. I had over 200 documents and just followed the instructions from the London website and the tags and attached the tags to the sections of documents with paperclips, as instructed. Binder clips may be OK too for larger bundles, but paperclips are frowned upon. No need to write attachment X,Y,Z, I didn't anyway and was in Canada a year later so it worked in my case at least.