Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Organising documents common law sponsorship

Organising documents common law sponsorship

Old Feb 8th 2012, 4:22 am
Forum Regular

jcdavies81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Organising documents common law sponsorship

So as you can imagine i health a ton of pictures and papers for my application i was hoping if people could share any organizing tips they have and how people went about sending it off.

Thanks for your help
Old Feb 8th 2012, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Organising documents common law sponsorship

Originally Posted by jcdavies81
So as you can imagine i health a ton of pictures and papers for my application i was hoping if people could share any organizing tips they have and how people went about sending it off.

Thanks for your help
What I did though, which is loosely based on what everbody else did..

Printed all photos on a word doc with description of what they are, some people put all the photos in a envolope, loose cards in another envolope and put these at the back of your evidence.. For all the common-law proof/evidence I paperclipped it all together individually (example: all bank statements together, all proof of address together etc) then put a list on the front of all of this detailing what's included. This became quite thick and I thought maybe it was a bit OTT, but better be safe than sorry.

For the application, I paperclipped the sponsor application together, and the sponsered person application together, each with all necessary supporting documents.

In total with all the application and supporting evidence the whole thing was probably about 250 pages thick. I went to Canada post and bought a express post cardboard envolope that cost $12. It all fit snug in there and that cost covers free 1 day express shipping province wide. The cost of this includes tracking too - It took about 4 days for the tracking to update on the website, but it did arrive next day as promised once I checked.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 3:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

I printed out our photos too - saved a bunch of space.

Largest part of ours was printing out our entire history of Facebook messages between us for the last 5 years. Made for a very enjoyable read! Haha.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by conjonway
I printed out our photos too - saved a bunch of space.

Largest part of ours was printing out our entire history of Facebook messages between us for the last 5 years. Made for a very enjoyable read! Haha.
Yep, we did this too, I didnt include the whole thing though as it was in excess of 100 pages on its own, included all the email threads though!