Options for canada

Old Jan 3rd 2016, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

george82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Options for canada

Ok so I moved to Regina Canada in sep 2014 I returned to the uk in the December due to my grandad being worse for wear sadly he passed and I never returned I felt it was not correct moving the kids from my mother in her time of need. My work permit is valid till see this year and I'm itching to return question is I'm not sure if my prev employer will take me back on.
Any idea on options if he says no!
Can I return on that permit and seek other employment?
Old Jan 3rd 2016, 6:45 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Options for canada

Originally Posted by george82
Can I return on that permit and seek other employment?
You can return and seek employment no problem, but unless it's an IEC or another kind of open work permit you can't work for anybody else on your current TWP. If you can be more specific then we can help, the more info the better (the job, type of permit etc). You might even be able to just apply for PR now and get it before moving back.

I'll love your thread to the immi section of the forum, do please always put all visa/immigration related queries there.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 3rd 2016 at 6:52 am.
Old Jan 3rd 2016, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

george82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of light

I was on a 2 year twp as a plumber
Old Jan 3rd 2016, 6:54 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I was on a 2 year twp as a plumber
Ok, so you can't use that TWP to work for anybody else as it's tied to that employer. So the first thing to do would be to find out if your employer will give you your job back (it must be the same job, as detailed on the TWP, he can't give you a different one), and I'd also look at Express Entry to see if you would by any chance qualify for PR now.

Good luck.
Old Jan 3rd 2016, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

I do qualify for EE. I thought it would be easier to apply for that inside canada
Old Jan 3rd 2016, 7:14 am
SUPER MODERATOR

I do qualify for EE. I thought it would be easier to apply for that inside canada
No, it makes no difference at all where you apply. If you qualify and score enough on the CRS (450 as a minimum as a rough guide - bearing in mind you can't use your current TWP/job for arranged employment unless you're rehired) then it could be well worth you applying now if you're sure you want to stay in Canada permanently. That way you wouldn't be tied to any employer and could stay as long as you want.

Good luck.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 3rd 2016 at 7:22 am.
Old Jan 3rd 2016, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

So I've had a look at the point thing. If I can get a provincial nomination it adds an extra 600 points my question is am I better doing that or getting an agent to do that. What education would a tradesman be classed as would it be the same as bachelor?
Old Jan 3rd 2016, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

My understanding is that to get the education points for a bachelors you need a bachelors degree from a University or equivalent to 3 years of higher education. You need to get your educations credentials accessed anyway to determine they are equivalent to the Canadian counterpart.
There are points further down though if you are a licensed as a tradesman.
Old Jan 3rd 2016, 2:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

So I've had a look at the point thing. If I can get a provincial nomination it adds an extra 600 points my question is am I better doing that or getting an agent to do that. What education would a tradesman be classed as would it be the same as bachelor?
If you can get nomination that's great, but is that in the pipeline already? Or is your employer prepared to do that?

And it wouldn't be the same as a degree, no, but you've not been specific enough to help any further - does a 'tradesman education' mean NVQ, an apprenticeship, or something in between?
Old Jan 3rd 2016, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

I have no idea to what level I'm qualified I've already had my stuff assessed and I had a special work permit as a plumber from apprenticeship board. I don't have the nomination without that I'm scoring about a 429 on the board, am I doing something wrong?
Old Jan 3rd 2016, 2:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I have no idea to what level I'm qualified I've already had my stuff assessed and I had a special work permit as a plumber from apprenticeship board. I don't have the nomination without that I'm scoring about a 429 on the board, am I doing something wrong?
I don't mean what level you're qualified to, I just mean what education you've got. How did you study to become a plumber? You didn't do a bachelors degree (I assume), so did you get NVQ's, or do an apprenticeship etc?

You're not doing anything wrong, but that score would be unlikely to get you PR. But once you've got a job offer again from your employer, you could use your LMIA/TWP for the extra 600 points, and you'd definitely get PR with that!
Old Jan 3rd 2016, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Hi sorry I done a 4 year apprenticeship I'm qualified in plumbing gas air conditioning electrical. So really a job offer is what I'm after for EE to be viable. Also in terms of the ielts I really should be booking that as a matter of urgency?
Old Jan 3rd 2016, 3:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Hi sorry I done a 4 year apprenticeship I'm qualified in plumbing gas air conditioning electrical. So really a job offer is what I'm after for EE to be viable. Also in terms of the ielts I really should be booking that as a matter of urgency?
Not just a job offer, you'll need a LMIA/TWP as well to claim the 600 points - hence why I said if you can get your previous employer to rehire you it would be best, as then you can just use your current LMIA/TWP.

Yes, book your IELTS and apply for your ECA too if you definitely want to apply for EE now.

Good luck.
Old Jan 3rd 2016, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

ECA???
Old Jan 3rd 2016, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

When should I apply for EE just now then update if I get a job offer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.