Which option?

Old Nov 18th 2006, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

powderbabe is just really nicepowderbabe is just really nicepowderbabe is just really nicepowderbabe is just really nicepowderbabe is just really nicepowderbabe is just really nicepowderbabe is just really nicepowderbabe is just really nice
Default Which option?

Hi there,
I'm just wondering which option to apply as a skilled worker would be best. I currently have a sponsored visa to work in Canada (it expires on April 30th).

I already had plans to apply under the simplified process in London and have the docs and the payment ready to go this week. However I spoke to a friend of mine last night and she said someone told her to apply for PR within Canada while she is on the sponsored visa. The person she spoke to had applied within Canada a couple of years ago and received her PR within 10 months - five months of which they were working on a sponsored work permit and the other five just enjoying life in Canada and not working.

The thing is, the simplified process states that you should not use the SAP if you 'have a legal temporary resident status in Canada as a worker or a student AND are submitting your applications at the Canadian visa office in Buffalo'. Well I wasn't planning to submit to Buffalo but does this mean I should perhaps apply to the Buffalo office from within Canada? Also I will only be a legal worker in Canada for five months so I figured I didn't count in this. I'm leaving next week.

Any help / advice / experiences on this would be appreciated. I don't want to apply under the SAP to London and have them come back to me and say I need to apply in a different way.

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 5:54 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which option?

Originally Posted by powderbabe
Hi there,
I'm just wondering which option to apply as a skilled worker would be best. I currently have a sponsored visa to work in Canada (it expires on April 30th).
You can apply to either Buffalo or London if you are a British citizen admitted to Canada for at least 12 months (how long was your work permit valid for?).

But which one you SHOULD apply to is a complex question. Get some good professional assistance to look at the options in detail. Getting it wrong could make a difference of *years* in processing time for permanent residence, so be very careful.