Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Opportunities Ontario PNP - timeline for applications since Feb 2009

Wikiposts

Opportunities Ontario PNP - timeline for applications since Feb 2009

Old Jun 11th 2009, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

Mermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura about
Default Opportunities Ontario PNP - timeline for applications since Feb 2009

Hi there!

Has anyone applied under the new Opportunities Ontario: Provincial Nominee Program (OOPNP) since February 2009?

I would like to get an idea about the timeline of this 2 step process (1. pre-screen employer application and 2. nominee application) and also about the likelyhood of positive/negative nominations.

I will update the following timeline throughout the next weeks and would be happy to see other applicants join this post with their Ontario PNP timeline.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Employer pre-Screen Application received by Opportunities Ontario: June 8, 2009
Opp. Ontario contacted employer on:
Questions asked:
Employer approval / nominee application package received on:

Nominee Application received by Opp. Ontario:
Nomination received on:

Cheers
Brigit
Old Jul 10th 2009, 5:16 am
Just Joined

manus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Opportunities Ontario PNP - timeline for applications since Feb 2009

Originally Posted by Mermaid3011
Hi there!

Has anyone applied under the new Opportunities Ontario: Provincial Nominee Program (OOPNP) since February 2009?

I would like to get an idea about the timeline of this 2 step process (1. pre-screen employer application and 2. nominee application) and also about the likelyhood of positive/negative nominations.

I will update the following timeline throughout the next weeks and would be happy to see other applicants join this post with their Ontario PNP timeline.

Opp. Ontario contacted employer on:
Questions asked:
Employer approval / nominee application package received on:

Nominee Application received by Opp. Ontario:
Nomination received on:

Cheers
Brigit
Hi Brigit

I think we both are sailing on the same boat ... My employer has send the papers and it was on 15th June..

Did you apply under the international student category?? have you heard anything from them???

My employer got a letter after 2 dyas saying that they have received the appication..

So you have any idea how much time do they take.. it says 90 days but usually is that done within a month or 2 to get the nominee application package..
Old Oct 8th 2009, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

Mermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Opportunities Ontario PNP - timeline for applications since Feb 2009

I am updating the timeline - now that I handed in my application package. I doubt that my application will go through as my reference letter (translated) doesnt comply with the NOC Code wording for my job. If OOPNP doesnt recognize my work experience I will not receive the nomination. But it's worth a try. That's at least what my employer said and since they are paying the 2,000 $ fee I won't talk back! )

Opp. Ontario contacted employer on: about 2 weeks later as they sent a letter that they received the application
Questions asked: none
Employer approval / nominee application package received on: August 11th, 2009

Nominee Application received by Opp. Ontario: October 7, 2009
Nomination received on:

Last edited by Mermaid3011; Oct 8th 2009 at 1:03 pm. Reason: ...
Old Nov 6th 2009, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

I am updating the timeline! Even though I was worried my application went through within not even 1 months! YEAH!!!

Opp. Ontario contacted employer on: about 2 weeks later as they sent a letter that they received the application
Questions asked: none
Employer approval / nominee application package received on: August 11th, 2009

Nominee Application received by Opp. Ontario: October 7, 2009
Nomination received on: November 6, 2009

I got a call from Ontario Immigrations last week.
They were asking simple questions like

- "where would you like to apply for PR if you are approved (Buffalo or overseas)" and
- "when did you start working for your current employer" and
- "what kind of visa did you have when you came to Canada last year (it was a Working Holiday Visa)"
- "did your current visa require an LMO (yes)"

The lady was very nice but she didnt say anything about the decision. And then today... I got it!
Old Nov 6th 2009, 8:38 am

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

I got a call from Ontario Immigrations last week.
They were asking simple questions like

- "where would you like to apply for PR if you are approved (Buffalo or overseas)" and
- "when did you start working for your current employer" and
- "what kind of visa did you have when you came to Canada last year (it was a Working Holiday Visa)"
- "did your current visa require an LMO (yes)"

The lady was very nice but she didnt say anything about the decision. And then today... I got it!
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 9th 2009, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

opnp is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone let me know how long does it take for the employer pre screen application to get processed. My employer has submitted the application and it is received by Ontario PNP on Oct 27th 2009..
Thanks,,,
Old Nov 11th 2009, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by opnp
Can anyone let me know how long does it take for the employer pre screen application to get processed. My employer has submitted the application and it is received by Ontario PNP on Oct 27th 2009..
Thanks,,,
If you read my postings above you can see that it took about 8 weeks to receive the employer approval and then another 4 weeks to get the nomination.
Old Nov 12th 2009, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your response. I was just curious if the employer prescreen nomination can come early...like in 3 to 4 weeks....Did any one got it in 3 to 4 weeks in 2009...Your information is highly appreciated.
Old Nov 13th 2009, 11:00 pm
Just Joined

Hi all, I am new to this post. I want to plan my things accordingly. so i wanted to know if there is a chance that employer prescreen application can be approved in 3 to 4 weeks..
Old Nov 13th 2009, 11:01 pm
Just Joined

Will employer prescreen approval be faster if it is a bigger company...thanks
Old Nov 14th 2009, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

As you probably already noticed: in this forum are very few people who used the Ontario PNP.

Theoretically it is possible to receive the prescreen nomination in 3-4 weeks. It all depends on how busy the OOPNP office is. Maybe year end is better than early summer.

My company is very large and it took 8 weeks. I don't think it makes any difference in the processing time.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 12:16 am
Just Joined

write2win is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Jobboard/website for Opportunities Ontario PNP

For this "employer-driven" 'Opportunities Ontario' program, how does one goes about job hunt?
Is there any website where "Opportunities Ontario approved job positions" are enlisted?
Are there headhunting companies which could help in applying for " 'Opportunities Ontario' approved jobs"?
Old Nov 18th 2009, 4:02 am
The Seldom Seen Kid

Buchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really nice

Can I ask a daft questions as I am confused with all the TLA's on the Immegration Site.

Is this type of application one whereby your company in the UK has a company in Canada and they arrange an inter company transfer or something completely different. ?
Yours Confused ?

As you probably already noticed: in this forum are very few people who used the Ontario PNP.

Theoretically it is possible to receive the prescreen nomination in 3-4 weeks. It all depends on how busy the OOPNP office is. Maybe year end is better than early summer.

My company is very large and it took 8 weeks. I don't think it makes any difference in the processing time.

Last edited by Buchan6; Nov 18th 2009 at 4:03 am. Reason: typo
Old Nov 19th 2009, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Jobboard/website for Opportunities Ontario PNP

Originally Posted by write2win
For this "employer-driven" 'Opportunities Ontario' program, how does one goes about job hunt?
Is there any website where "Opportunities Ontario approved job positions" are enlisted?
Are there headhunting companies which could help in applying for " 'Opportunities Ontario' approved jobs"?
No there is no such thing. You have to find your job yourself and convince your company to go through this process together with you. The approval of the position doesnt cost money - just a little paperwork for your company. That should make it easier to sell.

You have to pay the 2000 CDN later when you are applying.
Old Nov 19th 2009, 3:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Buchan6
Can I ask a daft questions as I am confused with all the TLA's on the Immegration Site.

Is this type of application one whereby your company in the UK has a company in Canada and they arrange an inter company transfer or something completely different. ?
Yours Confused ?
no - it has nothing to do with eachother.
Being an expat or company transferee makes it easier for you though to get a work permit if you have worked for the UK branch for a while. There is something mentioned in one of the Guidelines of the CIC:

Temporary Workers Guidelineshttp://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...s/fw/index.asp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.