Open working Visa during PR

Old Aug 7th 2019, 4:28 am
Forum Regular

MatteoHV is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Open working Visa during PR

Hi All
im looking for some info and advice.
Done my PnP with no restriction on employment.
Applied for PR, passed medical, nor requesting a new criminal record from UK and the divorce decree from my wife, and here not a problem.
My visa expire in Jan2020, so in theory i should be eligible for an open working permit and free myself from the company that sponsored me because they don't seems keen to invest in me.
How can i apply for a open working permit? i tried but i am certanly do some mistakes.
I was wondering if was advisable to go to a port of entry and apply directly there ( i did when i extend my visa and no problem for it).
I have few company chasing me for employment, but until free i don't want ruin everything.
Please help

Teo

Last edited by MatteoHV; Aug 7th 2019 at 6:19 am.
Old Aug 7th 2019, 6:20 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Open working Visa during PR

Which province and under which stream of their PNP have you applied for PR? Did you apply using a job offer?

What kind of work permit are you currently on?

You wouldn’t normally be eligible for an open work permit, but it does depend on how you got your nomination - if you can provide more info we can try and help.
Old Aug 7th 2019, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

Hi Christmasoompa
thanks for the reply. I applied to BCPNP, under canadian experience, arrived via LMIA.
I had a job offer and they did the LMIA for me.
Now i am still under a working permit linked to my company. Been extended for 1 year in january, expire January 2020 because at the port of entry they were sure my PR would be ready in one year. My question came becasue i read on the CIC website that (this is my understanding but i can be wrong) if an applicant already applied for a PR via PNP, does not have restriction and the application is well on the way, when there are 4 months left to the visa, it can be transform in Open working permit until the PR is done. Am I wrong?
Old Aug 7th 2019, 7:34 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

What I'm wanting to check is that your PNP didn't rely on your job offer, you didn't use it to apply?

But if you didn't apply using the job offer under PNP, then a BOWP is possible, but not yet - as you say, it must be no more than 4 months before your TWP expires. And it will depend on what stage your PNP app is at.

You can't apply for one at POE though, you must apply online.

Old Aug 7th 2019, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

The BCPNP i applied was under the canadian experience, which i applied after 1 year of working experience in BC. Clearly the job is the main reason and when applied for BCPNP, they requeired some documents from the employers like the Corporate Certificate, business licence etc few information regarding the company and my income. I think everyone arrived here via LMIA and applied to BCPNP have to use somehow the job as reference. Is a bit confusing for me.
Old Aug 7th 2019, 4:18 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MatteoHV
Hi All
im looking for some info and advice.
Done my PnP with no restriction on employment.
Applied for PR, passed medical, nor requesting a new criminal record from UK and the divorce decree from my wife, and here not a problem.
My visa expire in Jan2020, so in theory i should be eligible for an open working permit and free myself from the company that sponsored me because they don't seems keen to invest in me.
How can i apply for a open working permit? i tried but i am certanly do some mistakes.
I was wondering if was advisable to go to a port of entry and apply directly there ( i did when i extend my visa and no problem for it).
I have few company chasing me for employment, but until free i don't want ruin everything.
Please help

Teo
Originally Posted by MatteoHV
The BCPNP i applied was under the canadian experience, which i applied after 1 year of working experience in BC. Clearly the job is the main reason and when applied for BCPNP, they requeired some documents from the employers like the Corporate Certificate, business licence etc few information regarding the company and my income. I think everyone arrived here via LMIA and applied to BCPNP have to use somehow the job as reference. Is a bit confusing for me.
If your employer sponsored you for BC PNP (the documents you mention indicate this may be the case) then you will usually have a closed work permit until you become a Permanent Resident..

Last edited by Siouxie; Aug 7th 2019 at 4:21 pm.