Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Open work permits for spouses/common-law partners of AIPP candidates

Open work permits for spouses/common-law partners of AIPP candidates

Old Sep 26th 2019, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

Myllia_G has a reputation beyond reputeMyllia_G has a reputation beyond reputeMyllia_G has a reputation beyond reputeMyllia_G has a reputation beyond reputeMyllia_G has a reputation beyond reputeMyllia_G has a reputation beyond reputeMyllia_G has a reputation beyond reputeMyllia_G has a reputation beyond reputeMyllia_G has a reputation beyond reputeMyllia_G has a reputation beyond reputeMyllia_G has a reputation beyond repute
Default Open work permits for spouses/common-law partners of AIPP candidates

Hi All,
My partner finally received his temporary work permit and flies out tomorrow to get his visa and starts working next week. We are immigrating via the AIPP, the PR application was already sent in.
I am planning to follow him mid October.
Based on our research the partner can get an open work permit at the port of entry.
But I cannot find any link, official webpage, which explains what exactly the process is, when I apply for an open work permit at the POE.
Anyone can guide me to a CIC page, what exactly I need to take with me when arriving at the border? Is there a document checklist I can rely on? How does this process work?
Thank you for any help with this!
Old Sep 26th 2019, 10:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Open work permits for spouses/common-law partners of AIPP candidates

If you are the spouse then its advised that you have a copy of PA's work permit and NOC code. Declare to CBSA that you are applying for a work permit and present that copy to the officer. Pay the $155 + $100 fees and that's it. Make sure passport is valid for duration of stay. There is no official page that tells you what to do. You will also need to apply for the eTA before coming to Canada. I am assuming you are a UK citizen or from a non visa requiring country.
Old Sep 26th 2019, 10:29 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Open work permits for spouses/common-law partners of AIPP candidates

https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spous..._port_of_entry
Old Sep 27th 2019, 6:21 am
Just Joined

Myllia_G has a reputation beyond reputeMyllia_G has a reputation beyond reputeMyllia_G has a reputation beyond reputeMyllia_G has a reputation beyond reputeMyllia_G has a reputation beyond reputeMyllia_G has a reputation beyond reputeMyllia_G has a reputation beyond reputeMyllia_G has a reputation beyond reputeMyllia_G has a reputation beyond reputeMyllia_G has a reputation beyond reputeMyllia_G has a reputation beyond repute

Former Lancastrian Thank you so much, this is reassuring as I was researching this for some time and there is so little official information about this, what documents one needs, what exactly happens. I am a UK citizen, the passport has been just renewed and have ETA already, Thanks a lot for your help!

Siouxie , Thank you for the link!