open work permit for spouse

Old Jan 7th 2013, 7:00 am
Just Joined

wicked007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default open work permit for spouse

My wife is under skilled worker in Nova Scotia PNP as a manager , we got married in Nova Scotia 3mon ago but i have to leave my 6mons stay was over, im a US Citizen. Question: Is that true that she can get an open work permit for me? I also heard that i can get an owp in Port of Enrty, and if i can what documents do i need from my wife to show.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 7:02 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: open work permit for spouse

Originally Posted by wicked007
My wife is under skilled worker in Nova Scotia PNP as a manager , we got married in Nova Scotia 3mon ago but i have to leave my 6mons stay was over, im a US Citizen. Question: Is that true that she can get an open work permit for me? I also heard that i can get an owp in Port of Enrty, and if i can what documents do i need from my wife to show.
Can you clarify exactly what your wife's visa status is? Has she got PR, or is still still waiting for it and on a TWP?
Old Jan 7th 2013, 7:12 am
Just Joined

My wife is on "Nova Scotia Nominee Program"(NSNP) under skilled occupations NOC skill level O, A or B in managerial position now, she hasn't turn the application yet for PNP, but she has a recieved her new work permit oct 2012 but i know she just turn skilled.... Im just confuse reading and searching other forum some says she can apply open work permit for me inland, others on Port of Entry...whats an fastest approach since i dnt need a TRV to go canada, cause im visa exempt us citizen?? Thanks
Old Jan 7th 2013, 7:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wicked007
My wife is on "Nova Scotia Nominee Program"(NSNP) under skilled occupations NOC skill level O, A or B in managerial position now, she hasn't turn the application yet for PNP, but she has a recieved her new work permit oct 2012 but i know she just turn skilled.... Im just confuse reading and searching other forum some says she can apply open work permit for me inland, others on Port of Entry...whats an fastest approach since i dnt need a TRV to go canada, cause im visa exempt us citizen?? Thanks
Quickest way to get a SOWP is at a Port of Entry as long as eligible to get one which she would be. A copy of your TWP and $150 and thats it.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, (1)- Beside having all the necessary document from my wife's (work permit/Employment info, etc etc ) to show at Port of Entry, will they ask me proof of my funds and ticket for my return flight back home to usa as they did my first visit before we got married ? (2)- if she was the one to turn in my application for work permit made outside canada how long does that take, if it was submitted thru mail in Vegreville?