Open work permit medical

Old Sep 30th 2013, 1:55 pm
is awesome

catpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud of
Default Open work permit medical

Hi all,

I'm currently living in Quebec on an IEC open work permit. I have a Quebec Skilled Worker PR application currently processing (RPRF paid in mid-June). My IEC permit is due to expire at the start of January. My current employers have indicated that they have a 6+ months project they want me to work on so obviously I'll need a new work permit. I answered the CIC questions online and apparently I'm eligible for either an ordinary work permit (presumably tied to my employer) or an open work permit, which would suit my purposes better.

Part of the application process for the open work permit requires that I have a medical exam and that I send proof of it ("You must provide proof that a medical examination was completed by a doctor (Panel Physician). You must upload a copy of the Upfront Medical Notification or IMM 1017B-Upfront (“copy to client”) that your doctor will provide you.") I've already had my medical exam done for my PR so does anyone know if I'd be exempt from this requirement? I never received anything about an upfront notification - was I meant to? Since I live in Sept-Iles, I'm obviously reluctant to make the 1800km return journey to get yet another medical done!

Thanks for any info you can provide. I'm really confused!
Catherine
Old Sep 30th 2013, 3:50 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Open work permit medical

Hi

Originally Posted by catpea33
Hi all,

I'm currently living in Quebec on an IEC open work permit. I have a Quebec Skilled Worker PR application currently processing (RPRF paid in mid-June). My IEC permit is due to expire at the start of January. My current employers have indicated that they have a 6+ months project they want me to work on so obviously I'll need a new work permit. I answered the CIC questions online and apparently I'm eligible for either an ordinary work permit (presumably tied to my employer) or an open work permit, which would suit my purposes better.

Part of the application process for the open work permit requires that I have a medical exam and that I send proof of it ("You must provide proof that a medical examination was completed by a doctor (Panel Physician). You must upload a copy of the Upfront Medical Notification or IMM 1017B-Upfront (“copy to client”) that your doctor will provide you.") I've already had my medical exam done for my PR so does anyone know if I'd be exempt from this requirement? I never received anything about an upfront notification - was I meant to? Since I live in Sept-Iles, I'm obviously reluctant to make the 1800km return journey to get yet another medical done!

Thanks for any info you can provide. I'm really confused!
Catherine

1. As you are in Quebec, you require a new work permit, the employer doesn't need a LMO as I assume you have a CSQ.
2. In order for the employer to be granted this exemption, your application for a work permit must be accompanied by a copy of your CSQ andyour offer of employment to work in Québec.

CSQ holders who are eligible for the LMO exemption can be:

temporary workers who wish to prolong the duration of their work permit for the job they hold or to renew it in order to hold a job offered by another Québec employer;
participants in one of the programs of International Experience Canada (Working Holiday, Young Professionals, International Co-op) who hold a work permit and who wish to prolong the duration of their permit for the job they hold or to renew it in order to hold a job offered by another Québec employer; or
foreign students who obtain a post-graduation work permit and hold a job offer from a Québec employer.

3. You don't require another medical
Old Oct 1st 2013, 9:58 am
is awesome

catpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Open work permit medical

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. As you are in Quebec, you require a new work permit, the employer doesn't need a LMO as I assume you have a CSQ.
2. In order for the employer to be granted this exemption, your application for a work permit must be accompanied by a copy of your CSQ andyour offer of employment to work in Québec.

CSQ holders who are eligible for the LMO exemption can be:

temporary workers who wish to prolong the duration of their work permit for the job they hold or to renew it in order to hold a job offered by another Québec employer;
participants in one of the programs of International Experience Canada (Working Holiday, Young Professionals, International Co-op) who hold a work permit and who wish to prolong the duration of their permit for the job they hold or to renew it in order to hold a job offered by another Québec employer; or
foreign students who obtain a post-graduation work permit and hold a job offer from a Québec employer.

3. You don't require another medical
Ok, thanks for the info PMM. And yes, I have a CSQ.

With respect to the medical, the online application is insisting I submit one. Do you think it would be OK to just stick with the paper version? I know the online submission is faster but I have no idea how long a paper application would take to process...

Cat