Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Open Work Permit approved (inland) but no letter received - Can I work?

Wikiposts

Open Work Permit approved (inland) but no letter received - Can I work?

Old Jun 20th 2024, 1:16 am
Forum Regular

SeanHolmes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Open Work Permit approved (inland) but no letter received - Can I work?

Hi,

So, 2 days ago I was finally approved for an Open Work Permit (inland) which I applied for 4 months ago alongside spousal sponsorship for PR IN Canada.

On my account it says that the OWP was approved and I have the document number / start date and expiry of the permit.

3 questions...

Firstly, does anybody know if the actual document will be mailed physically or emailed / how long should I expect to wait? I havent received any messages on account.

Secondly, will I have to leave Canada and re enter or will I be good to go once I receive the document because it was applied for IN Canada?

And thirdly, even though I haven't received the document, is it safe for me to start working immediately based on the approval on my account? I know I won't be able to get a SIN number yet but I have a job waiting and I am eager to start now if they will let me.

Thanks a lot.
Old Jun 20th 2024, 6:23 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Open Work Permit approved (inland) but no letter received - Can I work?

You can’t work until you have the permit in hand, it will be mailed to you.

HTH.
Old Jun 20th 2024, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

SeanHolmes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Open Work Permit approved (inland) but no letter received - Can I work?

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You can’t work until you have the permit in hand, it will be mailed to you.

HTH.
Thank you. I have just received a letter saying they yave mailed it now and should arrive within 6 weeks hopefully it won't take that long! Glad to know it is on the way though!