Open work permit

Old Jan 10th 2021, 1:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Open work permit

Originally Posted by Fwilkin
Royal Mail track and trace, Canada post doesn’t show anything as we don’t have a tracking number for that end. We have been trying to add it to our online profile too with no avail.
Royal Mail tracking won't show it once it leaves the UK, as they're not responsible for it after that. Does your tracking number definitely not work on the Canada Post website? It should do so that's odd.
Old Jan 10th 2021, 9:08 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Royal Mail track and trace, Canada post doesn’t show anything as we don’t have a tracking number for that end. We have been trying to add it to our online profile too with no avail.
You should be able to track your parcel in Canada Post using the original tracking number (you don't need a 'canadian one' )
https://www.canadapost.ca/trackweb/en#/home
If not, then try tracking it with this website https://parcelsapp.com
It tracked a parcel I couldn't find any trace of..

A quick question - did you send it as requiring a signature on delivery? If so, then the following may have some relevance (hopefully it doesn't apply! ). This has now been changed - but was in effect in October.
https://personal.help.royalmail.com/...tail/a_id/5317
Update: 22 September 2020
Canada Post has updated that the special measures and changes to delivery process previously outlined remain in place. Items requiring a signature or customs payments are to be delivered to nearby Post offices with a card delivered to addresse's mail box for them to collect within 15 days before being returned to sender.
https://www.canadapost.ca/cpc/en/our...-covid-19.page
Which address did you send it to?

Last edited by Siouxie; Jan 10th 2021 at 9:23 pm.
Old Jan 10th 2021, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

Fwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond repute

I sent it international signed to 49 dorchester street B1P5Z2.
I have tracked it on the parcelsapp and it just shows it left the uk on the 28th October and Canada post just says it doesn't recognise the tracking code.
Think its either lost or coming back to us
Old Jan 11th 2021, 3:12 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I sent it international signed to 49 dorchester street B1P5Z2.
I have tracked it on the parcelsapp and it just shows it left the uk on the 28th October and Canada post just says it doesn't recognise the tracking code.
Think its either lost or coming back to us
That address is usually for applications sent by Courier (Fedex / Puralator etc.,) although Canada Post Express might be counted as such at a pinch, I'm not sure that a Royal Mail track and sign would - hopefully someone on here can advise!

Perhaps send a case specific enquiry https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp and explain that you have sent the application but it may have been mislaid (as it's been so long, you might be able to ask if they have received it) - attach proof of posting, if possible. Do you have a copy of everything you submitted, just in case they haven't received it?
Courier address
CPC-Sydney
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2
Old Jan 11th 2021, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

Fwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond repute

I sent it to that address thinking because it was signed for that address must be manned where as the other address I presumed was just a box. I should have checked in here, I would normally ask but didn’t as I thought Royal Mail/Canada post wouldn’t offer that service if it’s unlikely to be received.

I did send a case specific enquiry about a week ago so I am just waiting to hear, I have everything saved on the computer although I would need to get some more photographs and our acro certificates re done as I’m sure they asked for the original.
with moving feb 1st would you recommend getting those again before we go just in case? I don’t want to get to Canada and we can’t get them again. Also if it is lost am I best to re send it from the uk whilst we are still here or send it once in Canada? This time using a courier 😀
Old Jan 11th 2021, 3:35 pm
Banned

I sent it to that address thinking because it was signed for that address must be manned where as the other address I presumed was just a box. I should have checked in here, I would normally ask but didn’t as I thought Royal Mail/Canada post wouldn’t offer that service if it’s unlikely to be received.

I did send a case specific enquiry about a week ago so I am just waiting to hear, I have everything saved on the computer although I would need to get some more photographs and our acro certificates re done as I’m sure they asked for the original.
with moving feb 1st would you recommend getting those again before we go just in case? I don’t want to get to Canada and we can’t get them again. Also if it is lost am I best to re send it from the uk whilst we are still here or send it once in Canada? This time using a courier 😀
Ah.- the official website should usually be taken as literal - so if it says that is the 'courier' address, that is who it's for, not general mail services. Royal Mail / Canada post do deliver to houses etc., signed for.. but that is a Government address, with their own regulations and requirements. While I have read of people sending Canada Post Xpress (i.e. from within Canada) to that address, I haven't seen anything about 'Royal Mail track and sign' - because that's not a courier service, that's why we always recommend sending important time sensitive immigration applications by courier.. but you never know, it might turn up. .

I would definitely apply for another ACRO certificate while you are still there, just in case - quicker by far to have it sent to a UK address than overseas
Still keeping everything crossed for you that it turns up!

Last edited by Siouxie; Jan 11th 2021 at 3:47 pm.
Old Jan 12th 2021, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

Thank you.
I spoke with Royal Mail and they said normally once arrived in Canada they would be notified however they have received no notification.
I have requested another acre certificate and ordered some new photos these should be here before the end of the week and then I will UPS the application to them before we leave the UK.
What a nightmare, I'm concerned about all my personal information going missing and I am going to lodge a claim with Royal Mail as the photos across and postage cost nearly £300.
thanks
Old Jan 18th 2021, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

Ok so I have reprints of our photos and another acro certificate.
tracked parcel loads, spoke to Canada post and although it’s made it to Canada they are unsure where it is 😓
So I’m thinking of re submitting all the documents. Shall I send for the uk? Or wait 2 weeks and send once we arrive in Canada? What happens if they receive both applications will they just destroy one?
our OINP says we need to apply by April 3rd.
thanks
Old Jan 18th 2021, 3:09 pm
Banned

tracked parcel loads, spoke to Canada post and although it’s made it to Canada they are unsure where it is 😓
So I’m thinking of re submitting all the documents. Shall I send for the uk? Or wait 2 weeks and send once we arrive in Canada? What happens if they receive both applications will they just destroy one?
thanks
I would suggest you wait until you arrive in Canada and submit here - at least you will be able to track it to it's final destination! (send it by courier, pleaase.. )
That also gives your original application a bit longer to actually arrive.. you never know!
Do remember to put a redirect on your post in the UK, and change your address in your account for MyCIC etc., when you leave the UK, so that nothing is sent to the UK in error.
Old Jan 19th 2021, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Congrats!!!
If you are planning on staying for the longer term, or will apply for PR and hope to send your belongings across to Canada, do remember to prepare your 'goods to follow' lists to have stamped at the airport when you arrive here.
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-v...c-drc-eng.html

Can I just confirm Siouxie do I have to fill in the form BSF186 (B4E) personal effects accounting document? I found it on the link above but when I was reading through the wiki it says I don't need to fill it in just type up goods to follow/ goods accompanying?

Thanks
Old Jan 19th 2021, 9:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Can I just confirm Siouxie do I have to fill in the form BSF186 (B4E) personal effects accounting document? I found it on the link above but when I was reading through the wiki it says I don't need to fill it in just type up goods to follow/ goods accompanying?

Thanks
CBSA will fill it out you just need 2 x copies of list of goods accompanying and list of goods to follow.
Old Jan 19th 2021, 10:28 pm
Banned

Thanks
No, lol.. you can make your own list, just remember all the details required and make 2 copies of it.. they will be stamped and one will be handed back to you.
The wiki has a link to a great post that shows how to do this
B4/B4A forms
more info on the thread B4/B4A forms
https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Goods...anada#Examples
Old Jan 20th 2021, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

Great thanks!
Printed it off then read the wiki so was then confused and unsure 😂
Old Jan 20th 2021, 4:58 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
I used a UPS pickup service to collect and deliver some immigration paperwork in Canada last year. They offer a contactless collection service so you can have it collected whilst you're in quarantine and they'll deliver it next day. Tbh at $24.76 they weren't that much more expensive than the signed for options from Canada Post either.

If you're interested then I booked it through these guys. https://netparcel.com/home.action

They'll insist on setting up an account for you beforehand and the process might seem a bit prehistoric compared with what you're used to in the UK but should also offer a bit of a glimpse into banking etc. in Canada.
Old Jan 20th 2021, 9:11 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
I used a UPS pickup service to collect and deliver some immigration paperwork in Canada last year. They offer a contactless collection service so you can have it collected whilst you're in quarantine and they'll deliver it next day. Tbh at $24.76 they weren't that much more expensive than the signed for options from Canada Post either.

If you're interested then I booked it through these guys. https://netparcel.com/home.action

They'll insist on setting up an account for you beforehand and the process might seem a bit prehistoric compared with what you're used to in the UK but should also offer a bit of a glimpse into banking etc. in Canada.
That's available from most of the courier companies
https://www.ups.com/ca/en/shipping.page
https://www.fedex.com/en-ca/shipping...e-pickups.html
https://mydhl.express.dhl/ca/en/home...edulePickupTab

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.